getting my captivate replaced tommorow...unrooted it but the network locks offSupport

Last Updated:

1. fantomsingh

fantomsingh Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys, i got my captivate last week...and i have HORRIBLE signal issues where my nokia N900 use to get 4 bars in getting 2....so im taking it back tommorow for a replacement, but it was rooted, i un-rooted it, also another reason is i can get the phone into download mode for the sake of my life...gps refuses to lock on to signal even after the "fix update" ive removed ATT bloatware.....will they go through the phone and say "sorry you've removed our apps we cant give you a replacement"???? because my dad keeps tellin me that lol

Thank you in advance.

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

Well they can do that but many do not check the phone but I'm sure some will. Also don't pay attention to the bars, its a fact that this phone shows less bars, its just the way Samsung calibrated it. You can go to settings > phone status Ans there will be the actual amount of reception you get and I would compare that with other phones.

3. fantomsingh

im thinking of killing the phone using a 9volt battery....if it doesnt turn on they cant check it:D its not jus the phone signal its also gps...it hasnt gotten a lock since the day i got it...even after the update...and i cant access the gps data log using the *#*# thing....i think the phones messed up....and SUper lagg...the demo at the store works better than mine.

4. rubiconjp

rubiconjp Well-Known Member

Don't kill it... it's not the right thing to do. When I had mine exchanged, all they checked was the serial and imei numbers... otherwise no question asked.

5. ArthurIhde

ArthurIhde Well-Known Member

i am sorry about that [​IMG]

6. fantomsingh

i got it replaced....without killing it :) they didnt even look inside the phone...jus the Serial #'s under the battery...sa-weeeeettt