Getting My Defy Today!General

Last Updated:

1. dr_destructo

dr_destructo New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I've been perusing the forum for the past few weeks, ever since I decided to upgrade my phone. Well, I decided on the Defy, and it will be delivered sometime today(T-Mo is awesome btw, upgraded my shipped to 2nd day air for free because the Defy became back ordered after I ordered it).

So, this will be my first droid, upgrading from a Blackberry 8900. My wife bought the Charm a few months ago(her decision), so my experience with Android is very limited. I do plan on rooting and going with a custom rom, but what I'm looking for here, is advice.

My question is as follows:

What are the most important tricks/configurations/dl's/etc for me to enjoy this phone to it's max potential?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. sneeze18

sneeze18 New Member

this board doesn't seem active. I also decided to upgrade to a Defy for free today. It was rather a rash decision since I never seen it in person or tried out the phone. I hope it made the right choice though, it being my first smartphone. First thing I will do is root the sucker and go on from there. Have fun with your new phone!

3. bfready

bfready Active Member

I've had it since November and like the phone a lot.

Here's a suggestion,

Install Launcher Pro and use it instead of the default homescreen. It is much faster.

4. NYCSavage

NYCSavage New Member

What's the advantage to rooting it?

5. padstar

padstar Member

Check out the Defy section over at XDA. There are some great guides on how to root, install custom recovery, overclock and flash custom ROMS.