Getting my Eris todayGeneral

Last Updated:

1. nipson

nipson New Member This Topic's Starter

My Eris should be delivered to my house by the time I get off of work. This is my first smartphone, so I'm excited. I was wondering if 2.1 will come preinstalled or if I will have to do an update out of the box. Does anyone know? If I do have to do an update, since I won't have any contacts or anything stored, will I have to worry about all of the problems that people have been having with the update?

Thanks in advance. I've been browsing top 10 app lists for 2 days now making a list of everything I want to download.

Advertisement
  2. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member

A lot of the Eris's that have been sent out more recently have had 2.1 on them so there is a great chance you will have 2.1 on your phone. If you have to add all your contacts manually there should be no problem with your contacts like other people have had with 2.1.

Hope you like your first smartphone! I know I love mine! :)

3. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard nipson.

4. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

Enjoy your Eris! It's a great little phone.

5. leebsammy

leebsammy Well-Known Member

dont forget to add your contacts as "google" contacts so that if you ever have to hard reset/wipe or get a new phone you can easly sync all of your contacts back with your gmail account. this was something i loved when i first got a android phone.

6. wamsille

wamsille Well-Known Member

I just got a warranty replacement Eris from Verizon today. It is completely root-able.

Trying to figure out of I install Senseless, CE, Evil Eris or something similar.

7. Boulder257

Boulder257 Well-Known Member

Glad to have you here. You will find it to be a wonderful and very helpful community!

8. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Problems? What problems? :D

Welcome! You'll learn a lot just by reading the Stickys...

1st must have app: Swype.Also, Astro file manager and Barcode Scanner will come in handy even if you dont get Swype. Get those form the market.

You wont find Swype in the Market. Click here.

Let us know if you need help installing it.

9. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

the past few customers I've sold the eris to have been on 1.5, but who knows really I've heard a few people on here having 2.1 at start

10. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

mark me as one of those customers............ wife and I both got new eris 2 weeks ago......... both came with 2.1.......... kind of disappointing :(

11. Sparrow

Sparrow New Member

I got mine yesterday and it was 2.1. This is also my first Smartphone and I'm pretty lost trying to figure it out. I know time and the great info. here will help!:)