• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting my first Android phone, can't decide which one is best for me. Help!

rumor has it that the the droid x will be discontinued and made universal as the droid Pro. The pro will be a 1.3 ghz and will have a 4 inch screen.

It's actually the Droid 2 that is going to be replaced with the Droid 2 World edition. Haven't seen that rumor about the faster pcrocessor. And Motorola has already announced that the Droid X will be end of lifed in March. But don't let that worry you, it will be getting Froyo and probably Gingerbread. But it's a great phone, I love my DX! I was a little worried about the size, but after a couple days of using it, I picked up my old iPhone and wondered how I dealt with such a tiny screen for the last year!

Upvote 0
Oh, and as for the Fascinate, Samsung has shown in the past that they tend to release a product, and then immediately stop supporting it, or be slow to support it. I've had issues with a couple Samsung products (1 phone, 1 TV), and another friend of mine had a Samsung phone that also had issues. They have left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I don't want to risk it quite yet. Also, the Galaxy S class of Samsung phones has been having a GPS issue where the phone won't lock on to the satellites and lose lock easily when they do, and that is a deal breaker for me, I use GPS quite a bit. Never had a problem with my Droid X in that regard.

Upvote 0
Why not the fascinate? Cause first its a samsung which most have already said, second he wants an excellent web browsing phone. Now the reason i say the fascinate isn't excellent is cause it has the Samoled screen which makes text on web pages pixelated and hard to read i had a vibrant for nearly 2 weeks and that was one of the reasons i returned it. But the incredible, droid 2 , and droid X are all excellent for what your intending on using them for i say you can't go wrong with any.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones