Getting Navigation Directions To Go Through Car's Blue Tooth SystemSupport

Last Updated:

1. AG11

AG11 Member This Topic's Starter

GPS was not giving turn by turn directions at all when I was in my car. I realized that the cause of this issue was due to the fact that I recently paired my phone with my cars blue tooth. I turned it off and could hear the GPS. Is there any way to have the GPS go through the speakers or will I have to turn off Blue Tooth everytime?

EDIT: after reading this thread it appears as though I will not be able to get the GPS voice over my car speakers:

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/24350-blue-tooth-questions.html

But that thread was from last year. Is that information still accurate?

Advertisement
  2. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

My Incredible has output GPS directions over the Bluetooth device I have on my visor. It also outputs them through the car speakers when hooked up via the 3.5mm jack.

3. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

depends on what type of bluetooth system you have in your vehicle. I only have the ability to talk on the phone with mine. The second type is a2dp (i believe). That allows you to stream music via bluetooth. If your system accept that, then it wont work for GPS.

4. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

My built in Bluetooth stereo in my Jeep is paired with my phone, but does not allow GPS directions to go through the stereo speakers, only phone calls. May be an individual, brand/device thing.

5. hpbatman7

hpbatman7 Member

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion and I also noticed if I have Bluetooth on, I can't get the navigation voice to work...

Anyone have any insight to this?

6. gheberle

gheberle New Member

Tune your sync system to the paired phone by hitting the AUX button and changing the media source to the bluetooth device. I have my droid sync'd to my Ford SYNC system and can stream podcasts, music, nav through it fine.

Problem is you have to be listening to the streamed bluetooth device to hear the directions but what if you're listening to AM/FM or something else like a DVD? Then you don't hear anything from the droid since it's still sending it to the bluetooth interface. Wish there was a way to stop sending Nav sound through the bluetooth even when it's paired and set it to always go out the droid speakers. Any thoughts?

7. cdavis1381

cdavis1381 Member

I have the same question. I would like my navigation sound to come through the droid speakers. (Or, I'd like navigation sound to interrupt what's playing on the car speakers, like incoming phone calls do.)

From searching, my impression is that some people can accomplish this by long-clicking on the name of the bluetooth device, then clicking on options, then removing the checkmark from "Media Audio". When I try this, it works for a few seconds, but then the phone automatically rechecks the "Media Audio" box.

Is there any way, when pairing the device for the first time, to tell the phone that it should only pair for "Phone Audio" and not for "Media Audio"?