1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Getting new Jorte sync with Google tasks to work.

Last Updated:

1. wcattey

wcattey Member This Topic's Starter

I just updated to Jorte 1.2.2, which is supposed to be able to synchronize tasks with Google tasks.

Google calendar sync still works fine.
    I have selected my google calendar account as the "Task account".
    (I know this was successful because it warns me that task sync is manual for now.)

I go to Menu->Tasks & Memo
    I select Menu->Synchronize

The progress bar pops up.
    It pauses briefly at 30% and 60% but then always gives the error:

There was an error while synchronizing your tasks to Google Tasks. Please Try again Later.
    I thought it might be because of pre-existing tasks having funky data, so I deleted all tasks on both google and on the phone, and then tried one task on google, and when that failed, one task on the phone. Always the same error.

Does anyone have any insight into what might be going wrong and how to fix it?

With task sync, Jorte becomes the TOTAL solution for calendars and tasks on the Android! If only I could get it to work.

My phone is the Verizon HTC Eris running Android OS 2.1.

Advertisement
  2. joregelt

joregelt Member

hello

I am experiencing the same problem
    HTC Desire android 2.1 Jorte 1.2.3
    When I try to sync tasks from my google apps account it errors just after 60% and no tasks are synced, exactly as you describe it.
    However, when I try and use it with a normal gmail/gcal account it works fine.

Are you using it with a google apps account?

Jo

3. wcattey

No. I'm not using it with a google apps account.
    I am using it with my gmail/gcal account.

I am using it with the SAME account that has always worked for calendar only sync.

4. wcattey

I see that the update 1.2.4 changelog mentions a fix for task sync to google apps.
    Sadly, my task sync still fails exactly as mentioned in my initial message to this thread.

5. ppc

ppc New Member

I am having the same problem as is listed above.... there has to be an answer! :confused:

6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I just tried synchronizing it with my standard google account and it went through without errors.

7. MsL

MsL Well-Known Member

What are the steps you are using to get it to work?

8. Bikegeek

Bikegeek Well-Known Member

Task account = gmail.
    Tasks on the calendar check to show.
    Add task and then tape menu, synchronize.

p.s. must do manual sync for now.
    p.p.s it's giving me an error now

9. joregelt

joregelt Member

after the update today to 1.2.4 I cannow successfully sync to my google apps account also
    Problem appears solved for me

10. MsL

MsL Well-Known Member

I must be doing something wrong because I did the update this morning and I still can't get my task to synch. Can someone please explain in "slow" terms what I am suppose to be doing on my phone and on Goggle.

Thank you so very much,

11. ppc

ppc New Member

bump... I still cannot get it to sync tasks... I get the error at 60% as reported in previous posts.

I just upgraded to the newest version today 1.2.5 i think.

12. wcattey

I took the 1.25 update yesterday.
    Sadly,task sync still fails with exactly the same error as always.

13. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

task sync has always worked for me since I started using jorte 2 months ago.

I don't know if I even did anything. I just add a task on my google account and its on my phone.

14. ppc

ppc New Member

For some reason... mine... after months of NOT working.... IS working. I guess it is just random.... give it some time... I bet it starts working in a month or so... weird.

15. wcattey

Very strange indeed.
    I just this minute did a task sync and it SUCCEEDED.

I wonder if Google Tasks, server side, was not fully compliant with their published interface spec until just recently.

16. Superbad

Superbad Well-Known Member

It is still a manual sync to Google tasks, right? Just making sure I didn't miss an update where it is now automatic. That's the update I am eager for.

17. wcattey

Yup. Still manual.

18. nztebs

nztebs New Member

I found this thread while trying to sort this out on my NexusOne running 2.2. And I think I solved my problem while reading the thread.

I tried to do a sync, and like everyone else here describes, I got to 30%, then 60% then the error telling me to try again later. I thought I'd just check one thing - I had my google Calendar and task list open in a browser on my desktop machine at the same time as I was trying to do the sync. So I then closed that browser window (didn't log out, just closed it), then re-tried the manual sync. And for the first time in months, it worked in both directions! Give it a go, see if it helps, maybe it was a lucky fluke.

19. wcattey

nztebs: I just made some new Google task list items with the web interface running on my desktop machine.
    With the Calendar and tasks open and newly updated, I ran a manual sync on my phone. It was successful.

I think something got fixed under the covers at google.

UPDATE: I just did that same test. The manual sync HUNG at 60% done until I closed the calendar window in the browser. So yes, nztebs, this DOES seem to be relevant, at least sometimes.

20. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

In my Jorte version 1.2.5 ? Appointments sync both ways even with the calendar open in the browser. Tasks, however work only 1 way, whether calendar is open in browser or not. If I put the task into google calendar in PC browser it shows up on the phone. If, however, I put the task into Jorte on phone, it never shows up on google tasks calendar.
    On the other hand, everything I put into gtasks shows up on google calendar and vice versa. So I'm using gtasks until Jorte decides to get fixed.

21. inkimusmaximus

inkimusmaximus New Member

Jorte 1.2.5 will not sync with any task that is on Google Calendar for me. Nor will Google Calendar tasks sync with Jorte for me. I don't have to do a manual sync...at least not as far as I know...the calendar syncs automatically and I don't have any separate settings I can make -- that I know of -- to work with tasks alone.

Any other suggestions?

22. wcattey

I just took the 1.2.6 update, and task sync is now BROKEN for me.
    The old work-around of "make sure google calendar is not open on your desk top" no longer helps.
    I guess that whatever was done to "At GalaxyS os 2.2, trouble that sync of google calendar was corrected." broke the task sync.

23. wcattey

The 1.2.7 update seems to fix task synch. It is now WORKING for me.

24. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

me2

25. TLDspectre

TLDspectre Well-Known Member

I just downloaded version 1.2.8, then set up syncing with Google Tasks and got the same error as above when I tried a manual sync. In setting up I had clicked on the auto-sync option before trying to manually sync; I disabled the auto-sync option, then tried a manual sync, which worked successfully. I then re-enabled auto-sync, and it seems to be syncing fine since (both auto and manual).

If anyone is still getting errors, you may want to try the above method I tried if you haven't already.