Getting new phone. What's the best way to move settings to new phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a new phone coming in two days due to a flaky usb connector causing charging problems.

I have Appbrain and BackupAssistant installed and plan to re-use my existing SD card, which it appears some programs use to store settings. I have exported from programs that allow (like Folder Organizer) and have recent screen shots. I also have a backup with Titanium Backup.

What else can I do to make my transition easy?

Advertisement
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It sucks when you have to answer your own questions. :D

It's helps to have AppBrain on your old phone first and login to Appbrain.com so you can manage your apps. Then you go follow these instructions: Help reinstalling apps with Appbrain after wipe

Worked great for me. I thought I had screwed it up when I installed Appbrain, then did a sync and it said everything was already installed.

When FolderOrganizer is exported it goes to the SD card so that helps. Just keep your same card and install all the apps, then go to FolderOrganizer again and import. Seems you'll have to resort but most of the work is done.

I see LauncherPro can be backed up to the SD card. Wish I had seen that before.