Getting one soon, got some questions & looking for any advice from youGeneral

Last Updated:

1. orton131

orton131 Member

Hi everyone, I will soon be getting the Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 & I have some questions. I will not really be one for going on the internet with it much, however I will want to use Twitter application through it. Now I will be using my phone Pay As You Go, my question is, will it cost me money everytime I access Twitter? Sorry this is my first android phone. Also do you have any tips for getting the best out of my phone? Cheers guys. Dan

Advertisement
  2. Jake-SonyXperia

Jake-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

When using the twitter application it will not use data until you refresh the main feed on the homepage, however it will use data when accessing profiles etc and checking tweets and retweets on your own wall. You will also require the data connection to get in to twitter as it requires login.
  3. orton131

orton131 Member

I got my phone today, no problems so far. If I were to connect just through my home WiFi, would it cost me anything? And how much would it cost just using my phone for twitter & downloading apps from the marketplace? (I am with Virgin Mobile, using PAYG) Thanks for your help.
  4. Jake-SonyXperia

Jake-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

Using WiFi will not cost you anything as this will be using ISP's internet connection. In regards to price for Prepay, I can only suggest that you contact the network providers directly for charge rates for mobile data.
  5. orton131

orton131 Member

Hi Jake, I appreciate you being so helpful and helping out a new guy like me! So thank you. You were correct about WiFi, I can browse the internet free of charge at home, will the same however go for browsing the android marketplace/google play? Also while I am at college & using their WiFi, it will be the same as here at home? Thanks again for your help.
  6. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Well-Known Member

You are correct, the Wi-Fi will operate the same regardless of which hotspot you are using and all data based functions should work fine through this connection.