getting rid of asphalt 5?

1. admob

admob Well-Known Member

hi, i downloaded the free asphalt 5 game, it was was a small program initially, but wen i loaded it up, it wanted to download 98megs worth of extra data. Thing is, i didnt like the game, so went to uninstall it, it only said it was 8megs worth, which i deleted. Have i got 90+meg worth of data hiding somewhere on my phone???

Advertisement
    :
  2. 8-Bit-Soldier

8-Bit-Soldier Well-Known Member

try deleting it in an app called Astro. That's what I did :)
  3. dbramaged

dbramaged New Member

I'm having this same problem and don't show any apps known as "Astro". I deleted the files in "Asphalt 5" but still show the game on the phone. How can this be removed?
  4. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

the data is stored onto your SD card, the easiest way to remove this is to mount your phone to your computer, and find a folder called Gameloft(i believe) and delete that. thats all the extra data it dl'ed
  5. dbramaged

dbramaged New Member

I have deleted that folder... That is not the game itself, it's just additional storage information. The game is on the phone itself. There must be a way to remove this game.
  6. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

If you removed the .apk and the Gameloft folder in your SD card there is nothing left.
  7. kristal

kristal Member

I installed the app UNINSTALLER..and that works fine with all apps I want to get rid of, just open uninstaller and it will show all apps you have installed, tap on the app in that list , that you want to get rid of, and than tapp uninstall..and it s gone
  8. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

if you want to remove the game, go to settings>applications>manage applications>Asphalt 5>uninstall.

Alternately you can go to the market place, search asphalt 5 then delete the game from there.

then follow the steps from above to delete the actual game
  9. dbramaged

dbramaged New Member

It wasn't downloaded so the "uninstaller" doesn't work and searching for the game on the marketplace doesn't show downloaded. The game was preloaded on the phone when I purchased it.
  10. steelheadcrazy

steelheadcrazy Active Member

I dont think pre loaded software can be deleted yet, merry christmas from android
  11. deanshep85

deanshep85 Well-Known Member

preloaded software is only able to be removed when you *ROOT* your phone...all other ways to remove it dont work.
  12. klipsch

klipsch Well-Known Member

Be careful deleting "Files". I thought it was safe to delete some files and associated folders a while back, and ended up having to do a Factory Reset to get my phone working correctly again.
  13. duramax03

duramax03 New Member

how do i root my phone
  14. finny

finny New Member

I'm waiting for version 6.