Getting Samsung Tab (7" tablet) as a phone?

Last Updated:

1. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have both T-Mobile and Sprint, and I have unlimited everything with T-Mobile.

I use the Sprint line for personal use, and was going to upgrade to the Evo or the Epic in November, but now I'm thinking maybe I should get the Samsung Tab instead, and use it as a tablet and sometimes as a phone for the few times when I need to make phone calls.

What do you all think? Would carrying a Tab as a phone make sense? Especially since I already have another phone with another carrier that works good for phone calls?

Advertisement
  2. Genetic_Bloom

Genetic_Bloom Well-Known Member

I dunno, it's pretty massive to use as a phone. I don't really see how it would be remotely comfortable or accessible.

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Good point. Maybe I'll have to use Bluetooth headset with it all the time, or a wired earphone / microphone set...

But it would be glorious for playing games, watching videos, and reading the web... all the other stuff besides phone calls.

4. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yea, BT all the time. Most folks do that with 3" phones anyway...I know if I woulda got the Dell Streak, I would used BT all the time.