Getting SMS spam...any blacklist for Froyo?

Last Updated:

1. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Really pissed, getting SMS spam somehow...I thought that Spareparts had a blacklist, but the version included in BB Froyo (Fabs NexBeast version) doesn't seem to have that....neither does the Froyo SMS client.

Am I missing something obvious in Froyo to do this?

Or anyone have a Froyo-compatible SMS blacklist program to recommend?

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Loaded Handcent again (hadn't used it in months) and it has blacklist capability...would prefer not having to run Handcent, but if it does the job...

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I haven't, never even heard about it (other than a the random crap VZW occasionally sends). I'm starting to think your Droid is lactose intolerant and just can't handle the Froyo goodness (though, the enzymes in yogurt which digest the lactose generally makes it okay with those LI ;))

4. Redflea

LOL...yeah, my wife said she thinks it's haunted. Lucky that Handcent had blacklist built in, maybe it uses the enzymes to destroy the texts? ;)

5. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

What's wrong with Handcent? Probably my most used app after Twitter/FB. I don't text a ton, but really dig its interface.

6. Redflea

I used it as my main SMS app for a while some months back, but after several updates it began lagging so I stopped using it...have to say, it seems wicked fast now. :)

7. SaleenFiend

SaleenFiend Well-Known Member

Handscent went through with problems for a while but I found that as long as I don't use the popup feature (which I don't like anyways) I have no issues. Also, the deleting of text messages have become somewhat easier as they added a Force Delete that actually works. Handscent is by far better than it used to be.

8. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

if your a VZW user, you can set an SMS (or caller) block list online under your account and not even let the SMS get to your phone to begin with.

that being said, Handcent kicks butt

9. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

my wife is suffering this same issue, doesn't seem to all come from the same number either.
    Will be adding the numbers to the VZW Blacklist options to avoid them even being sent to the phone and counting against total # of txts allowed.