Getting somewhere!

Last Updated:

1. DoubleEagle

DoubleEagle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok guys you all have been so helpful. I decided to root the phone again using z4root and still had my purchased cwcovery,rom manager and ti backup.i had to install the z4 again and when i went to root it kinda took a awhile i waited like almost 10 mins and it just kept thinking it wouldn't root so I hit the back button and hit the root button again and it to like 20 secs. but when it booted up it went into clockwork recovery, but i hadn't reinstalled it yet from market so i got real worried but just hit the reboot and it booted up fine. so I reinstalled the apps hit the bootstrap recovery button and then hit reboot in recovery. Made a backup out the gate so I should be good to go. Now I want to rename my backup so I can find it later, when i go to sd card and phone storage the only option is to unmount sd card? i did see something when i went to files in the app drawer and seen phone files>clockworkmod>backup>and the date and some numbers, but i dont think i can rename it there or do i need to move or did i mess up somehow?

Advertisement
  2. DRLyman

DRLyman Well-Known Member

Rename it using Rom Manager, that is probably the easiest way. Go to Manage and Restore Backups and click on the one you want to rename.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

EDIT: ^^^^ what he said. Rename it using rom mgr.

Back to the Post:

No, that's exACtly what you rename. If you don't, the backup file name will be the date of the backup. Out of curiosity, have you looked up how to sbf? I think it's better to learn about it beFORE you need it! ;)

4. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

5. DoubleEagle

DoubleEagle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK found it in rom manager so what should i name it and does it have to have .zip at the end? well believe it or not I haven't even hooked my phone up to my pc yet! I know that's bad right. In the link it say to use my pc. Question when I hook my phone up to the pc does it load like a folder on there and the drivers? Do you have a link I can read about transferring from pc to phone? Thanks for all the reply's much appreciated!

6. Tmose04

Tmose04 Well-Known Member

I rename mine by going into root explorer. Its in SD card > clockworkrecov. > backups and they will have dad's on em. If you rename them make sure you don't put any spaces in the name.