• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Getting started help

MrClueless

Jun 19, 2011
Help please im stuck, i have been given a 32gig hp touchpad 7", i think it was an early demo model. but after resetting the tab i now have a problem with the login. i can get as far as selecting my region and adding my network details, but after that i get a server error before i can get to terms and conditions. so i cant even set up a webos account.

Can anyone help me past this issue.. ideally i would like to install android but i dont think i can if i cant get to webos first.

:mad:

thanks in advance for any help volunteered, im totally new to palm and webOS.

Sounds like you don't have your network details entered correctly.

If you can't figure out your network, you could try activating in a public place (free wifi).

Thanks, but i wish that was the case i have entered the details correctly and tried with both wifi and 3g. its seems to be something to do with registering the device. i have a development device and nothing i have tried so far has worked.
i have tried reinstalling webos from 3.0 -3.5 but each one has failed and the bypass activation methods cant work either as i cant actually get into the OS. i get as far as the activation screen and nothing more :(

Upvote 0
I had a question any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance. I just had put cm9 on my touchpad and followed the guide and everything appeared to work properly but i have no Google apps. I followed the instructions about getting them out of my cminstaller folder from recovery but the gapps folder was not there. I am for sure i put it in the folder what is my next step thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones