Getting started, newbie questions

Last Updated:

1. westkc3

westkc3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got the Hero and have a few questions;
    1) How do I get the browser to open the home page when launched? Now it returns to the last page viewed.
    2) When I delete an e-mail, the next msg is opened. How can I get it to show the list rather than open another msg?
    3) How do I reboot the Hero?

Advertisement
  2. michael_84

michael_84 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    1. There is no homepage button in the browser (crazy ain't it? Hopefully will appear in the new version of firmware due out first half this year). What I do is just have a bookmark of my homepage and just click on that to get it.

2. If this is HTC mail then I can't find an option for that, I just select delete from the main list and choose my mail to delete not ideal if you want to read the content first though, again this could be implemented with the next update.

3. Just hold the hangup/power button until the Phone Options menu appears, you can select Power off from there, just press the button again to turn it back on.. there isn't really a reboot option, just a shutdown and turn on again.

3. rustynuts

rustynuts Well-Known Member

When in the browser hit the menu button then choose windows hit the plus sign and this opens the homepage for me

4. westkc3

westkc3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks to both who responded. MiCHAEL_84, your work arounds are what I've been doing. Like you say, less than ideal but they get me there. Regardless of these shortcomings, I still really like this phone.