• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Getting tempted by the dark side... HELP!

ap3604

Android Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2010
I love my N1 but I saw my friend with a Motorola Droid whip out a game gripper that turns the droid keyboard into a real NES style controller for great emulator gaming. It made me real sad since I cannot play emulator games properly on my N1 without physical buttons :(

I have been tempted by the dark side (Droid) ever since and need help! Its like I hear the Sith lord from Star Wars right now telling me to

So was I when I saw the game gripper, I really was... And I thought that if I overclocked the droid it may be as fast as my Nexus............ Untill the wiimote came out and changed my mind ;).....

As great as the droid is, you are best waiting for newer tech to come out, with a HDMI/ TV-out socket, and maybe a keyboard too(the gripper will be made for more devices), so you can use the emulator on the big screen. Don't go backwards when it comes tech... The Game gripper looks really good, and I would like one too (although but the bottons may become warn-out on the actual phone), but the wiimote is awesome!!

Attachments

• wiimote 1.jpg
    wiimote 1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 41
  • wiimote 2.jpg
    wiimote 2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: ap3604
Upvote 0
Thanks you guys for the intervention ;)

Would have been making a mistake going with the droid... ended up getting a wiimote instead like you suggested and will enjoy my N1's better looks, specs, lower monthly payments, and Froyo 4 months earlier than Verizon droid customers get it :D

(Still cant get over how simplistic & awesome the game gripper is though...)

Upvote 0
Yeah, i was thinking about preordering the evo 4g but the idea of waiting god know how long to taste that wonderful froyo, it just makes me hold on stronger to my N1... i do wish i had HDMI out on the N1, i would love to just connect the N1 to the tv and play some games =D .. anybody know if the micro usb has the capability? i read some where that the jack connection is just nto capable, but i dont know about the micro usb.

Upvote 0
Yeah, i was thinking about preordering the evo 4g but the idea of waiting god know how long to taste that wonderful froyo, it just makes me hold on stronger to my N1... i do wish i had HDMI out on the N1, i would love to just connect the N1 to the tv and play some games =D .. anybody know if the micro usb has the capability? i read some where that the jack connection is just nto capable, but i dont know about the micro usb.

Sadly no, it was discussed in this thread: http://androidforums.com/nexus-one/71543-nexus-one-video-output.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones