Getting the 1.6 update OTA

1. fjmustak

fjmustak Member

Disclaimer:
    - This is old sh#t since FEB, but hope it will help some newbies. (Apparently it doesn't work for everyone, otherwise everybody would have done it already)
    - This worked for me (as well as for the original poster of the method, who's apparently just another newbie who posts old sh#t as if it is an innovative idea), and will not necessarily work for everyone. It is NOT an innovative idea, just a method I tried that actually worked for me (as opposed to waiting for the past week or so, and receiving no update)!

- Not sure what would happen if you try this and Twiz is not running (I had stock 1.5 w/Twiz)
    - Sorry for the repost (I posted this as a reply in another thread, but thought it's important enough to have its own thread), and for bothering some people with this old sh#t and with giving them the impression I feel this is an innovative idea.
    - I've lost track of the progress on the OTA 1.6 rom, so this could be redundant for some people.
    - One more disclaimer: if you've read all these disclaimers, and still feel the urge to make jackass comments, go right ahead!

That said, if you haven't received the update yet, try the following:
    - dowload the application "Any Cut" by Jeff Hamilton
    - after it is installed, long press on an empty area of your home screen, then select Shortcut -> Any Cut -> Activity -> Device Management
    - Click the OK button to add the shortcut to your home screen
    - Tap the icon to get in to device management
    - Click "1. Start DM"
    - Wait.... (try not to do anything with your phone) then follow on screen instructions to install the update.

NOTES:
    - I was in an Edge area, and it took forever to do anything! So I went into an area with 3g coverage, and tried it again. (Not sure if it won't work on edge, or it is just slow. Haven't tried Wi-fi either).
    - The phone got very slow and unresponsive while it was checking for updates. The 3g activity icon was lighted (red) all the time.

Advertisement
    :
    hbcsc153 and suyash1 like this.
  2. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Yes this is in fact a known method! This method has been used since the first ota...IN FEB!! Nothing new here. Love when people (newbies) post old sh#t like it's an innovative idea.
  3. fourblades

fourblades New Member

I did this and must have connected more than a hundred times... still no 1.6 :-(

I wonder as to how many people actually have the Behold 2 for my phone to not get any upgrade at this period. Guess will have to keep waiting or sell it now.
  4. nguyenmd

nguyenmd Active Member

u r wasting your time, sell/trade or throw that pos away. get a better phone.
    i've switch to HTC HD2 and i love it. But if u guys decided to stick with this bs phone, i wish all good luck.
  5. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Ahh someone got their feelings hurt...lmfao...
    fjmustak likes this.
  6. DynamitePress

DynamitePress Well-Known Member

I'm in EDGE and it is taking forever...arrow indicator has been on for about 1.5 hours. but I think that's a good sign? moving to 3g area.
  7. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

Wow better phone and HD2 in the same sentence...........

Hows that Corvette engine run with that Pinto Transmission hooked to it?
  8. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

This entire forum is filled with hate of spurned BeholdII owners. Instead of flinging that hate at each other, imagine what you could do if you focused it on the root of all your problems? And no, I'm not talking about some do-nothing class action lawsuit.
    KevinMemphis, psz and fjmustak like this.