Getting the Ally out of lock mode w/out using touch screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. weaselmclovin

weaselmclovin New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 24, 2010
    I have an LG Ally that I got like 3 weeks ago. The other night it fell off it's hip holster into a bucket of hot bleach water. I got it out, pulled it apart, and put it in a bag of rice over night.

After it was all dry the next day, I turned it on. The computer stuff all seemed to be working fine but the screen was wobbling all over so I turned it off, took it apart, and put it back in the rice. A few hours later, I tried it again. The screen stated static but wasn't responsive to touch. I somehow unlocked it and managed to text someone (although the keyboard was sticky). I put it back in the rice for a bit longer.

I've turned it back on. It charges fine. I even was able to accept a phone call on it. Just the touch screen still does not respond, so I can't get it out of lock mode. I don't know what I did last time to get it out of lock mode.

Googling 'unlocking my touch phone' gives me completely different answers than what I'm looking for, can you imagine? So I'm wondering if there is some keyboard shortcut to get it out of lock mode. I'll be replacing it most likely anyways, but having it halfway usable until then would be nice.