• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Getting the Desire HD an have no idea where to start

Forget about everything I said. aospX 1.0.0-MR1. Still testing it. Headset works. No wake locks. No sleep issues.

How did I miss this ROM for so long (well because it is on the XDS Inspire 4G development thread, instead of the Desire HD development thread).

So far, my impressions of it are [QUIETLY | BRILLIANT]

Upvote 0
Ran AAHK from a Mac. Same advantages as Ubuntu. The Android USB drivers are native for both Linux and Mac OSX which is what causes issues on Windows. If you have a anti virus program/firewall installed disabled it when you download and run AAHK. Remember. It should be disabled even during the download.

AAHK has a script called zerg rush, which is often mistaken for a virus.

Reactions: scotty85 and Ewoedo
Upvote 0
I am going to root the phone with the AAHK. I've read the effin and I have - I hope - enough clear in my mind what I have to do. My concearn now is about the backup: I've already copied my sd's content, what else can I save? My contacts are saved within my google account?

there are apps that can backup sms and call logs

ive heard my backup pro can backup apps(but not app data) when youre not rooted,but ive not tried it.

that is about the extent that you can make a backup,if not rooted.

if you are on a rootable,and non-sense 3.0 rom now,its possible aahk will only downgrade your firmware,not erasing any personal data :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones