Getting things ready to sell

Last Updated:

1. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm selling my Droid, trying to cut down on monthly expenses..is there a way I can leave 2.2 rooted on here but not my info or contacts? If so, how?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

I'd do a complete wipe (data/cache, everything). Then reload the ROM from scratch. Then just don't sign in when you get the Welcome screen on 1st boot.

3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Factory Reset (Wipe Data)

Just like with "official" ROMs, it won't do anything to your OS. System Apps will remain on your phone but all user apps, and personal information will be lost.

Good luck...sorry you have to part with your Droid :(

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

sorry to hear you gotta sell it but I understand these damn data plans are expensive. Like was said above if you wiipe data and cache you will be good. Just make sure if you include the sd card you wipe that as well

5. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

@ UBR: I thought of that as well, but wasn't sure that it would get rid of all traces of his personal info, since we're running hacked custom 2.2 ROM's.

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

it will when back when devs distributed roms as nandroids all they did was wipe data and cache before they preformed the nandroid and started distributing.

7. stewart1champ

stewart1champ Well-Known Member

Hate to hear you are parting with your Droid....

But I am in the market for one. I don't even want service on it. Heck, I'd take a service locked phone. I just want one where I can throw some games on it for my son. He told me that is really what he wanted for his birthday was a Droid. He's turning 7. Hah.

8. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Haha! My son is 5 and he started crying in a Verizon store when I wouldn't buy him the Droid Incredible (that was the one he looked at first). My kids (5 and 8) already have Thinkpads (used of course)...a phone is going to be a little ways off though! :D

9. Haywire

Yeah it was a tough choice but I've broken things down and sadly that 30$ is the first to go.. ill still read the forums with my. Ipod and such..ill probably be back on a droid at some point.

10. Haywire

Huzzah! I've seen the Light.. obviously I was under the influences.. I've been paying the 30$ data fee for so long I should be used to it.. Droid stays! Now I gotta skip dinner... kidding!

11. Haywire

Okay guys I need to know how to put this baby back to stock.. I ended up getting a buyer!

12. Haywire

Anyone ? I've tried looking under clockwork recovery but I can seem to choose a non rooted backup.. I thought there was a way in clock work to factory reset?

13. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

just use an sbf to go back to 2.0.1 then manually do the OTA to 2.1

14. d33z

d33z Member

Double Check your baseband if you've ever manually updated it. I've seen posts indicating that the SBF does not change the baseband. I find this very interesting since the SBF file contains a baseband version, leading one to believe that a specific baseband would be applied when the SBF is applied.

If needed, just reapply the c_01-3e-03p baseband as an update.zip. This is the latest version that was released Over the Air (OTA) as of today.

15. markc2

markc2 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that when I applied the 2.01 sbf to my first Droid before returning it, that the baseband went backwards from the one I manually flashed... could be wrong though.

16. Haywire

So just move this to ad card ad rename as update. Zip?

17. d33z

d33z Member

Yes, if you are using SPRecovery you will need it named update.zip and placed on the root of your sdcard. I haven't used SPRecovery in a while, but I think you choose the option allow update.zip installation, then Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated)

18. Haywire

Can I use this with clock work? If so does it need renamed as well

19. Haywire

Okay well I followed instructions from now you can live without fear of bricking to go to 2.01. I used RSDlite, I think it worked but when I go hit the green droid to begin it tells me an activation call is needed, but I dont want to call them and put the phone back on my account.. So is it back on 2.01 now? I just want to make sure before I send it out

20. markc2

markc2 Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, this is exactly what I did before sending my first Droid back for replacement. Only difference is that I used it as stock for a couple days, then before sending it in I again tried the update, let it fail (for some reason unknown) did the 2.01 SBF process again, let it get to the "touch the droid to begin" screen, shut it down and mailed it back. Haven't heard anything from them yet, though I was wishing there was a way to start the droid without activating just to confirm there was no little ninja guy in the app list :rolleyes: I'd think you're good to go, good luck.

21. Haywire

Yeah, I actually put it back on my account just to double check before I sent it out. It was running 2.01, I made sure to inform the buyer about the 2.1 update. I threw in my belt clip and car dock as well.. Sad day. Now if only my env3 will get here.. texting on this razor is being a pain in my arse!