Getting Timescape to use Facebook app and not the browserSupport

Last Updated:

1. JPBrowne

JPBrowne Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is there any way to get timescape to open the facebook app instead of the web browser when a facebook "leaf" is touched. I have it set that Twidroid will open for twitter "leaves" but I can't figure out how to get it to use the Facebook app.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

No I don't think there is, I have played around with it and all I can get is the browser to open by clicking the leaf. It would have to be some option to switch apps like the computer has with the "Open With" other than that it just goes straight to the Facebook Touch using the browser.

3. F1NinjaTZS

F1NinjaTZS Member

How'd you get it to use your own Twitter client? I'm using Tweetcaster and would like to set that up the same if possible.

4. Duncs

Duncs Well-Known Member

When you select a leaf of the twitter feed in timescape to read it you can touch the leaf again and it will ask what program you want to complete the action with eg. twicca (for me) or browser. Have not had anything similar happen with facebook feed though so i guess thats not a feature of timescape.

5. F1NinjaTZS

F1NinjaTZS Member

Nope, mine just goes straight to browser - no option to choose anything else. Nevermind, thanks anyway.

6. Duncs

Duncs Well-Known Member

Hmmm odd, all i can think to trick it into working is to delete the twitter account in timescape and then set it up again so maybe it will think its the first use and give you the option back.

j.gordon5 likes this.
  7. j.gordon5

j.gordon5 New Member

Unfortunately that hasn't worked with Gingerbread. Removed Twitter and Facebook accounts, reinstalled them and clicked on Timescape tile but no option to choose Twicca and Friendcaster. Immediately goes to mobile Twitter and mobile Facebook - not my apps of choice! :rolleyes:

Any other ideas anyone - that is how to get the dialogue box to appear when you first launch Timescape so that you can choose your apps of choice rather than m.twitter and m.facebook.