Getting "Unknown Sources"?Support

Last Updated: 2011-07-28 12:36:55
  1. SuperNinja

SuperNinja Member

I read some forums on trying to get this. One said to update the phone to version 2.2 and the other said the phone is not capable of installing non-market apps. Help! :confused:

Advertisement
  2. tpbklake

tpbklake Well-Known Member

Once you update to the official AT&T Froyo update, then your phone will be in a position to receive a quiet OTA from AT&T that enables "Unknown Sources" option.

The other option is to upgrade to Froyo 2.2 and then run the AlphaRevX to gain S-OFF on your phone so you can root it and install a custom ROM that has the "Unknown Sources" enables, such as CM7, Liberated Aria 2.2, etc.
  3. SuperNinja

SuperNinja Member

Noob Question... How do I do this? :p
  4. SuperNinja

SuperNinja Member

Nvm that. I already updated to 2.2 yesterday and whats a quiet OTA from AT&T.
  5. tpbklake

A quiet OTA is sent to your phone and run automatically. You don't need to do anything. Just keeping checking and one day the 'Unknown Sources' checkbox will show up.
  6. SuperNinja

SuperNinja Member

My friend said I need a data plan with AT&T which I don't for them to send me stuff. I am running on Wireless connection for internet. Is his advice correct?
  7. tpbklake

Yes, if you are not using a AT&T data connection then you probably won't get the silent OTA update.