getting update on phone using usb cableGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Dbudds

Dbudds Member This Topic's Starter

how do i get the 2.1 update from my computer onto my phone using a usb cable

Advertisement
  2. sean connery

sean connery Member

mount your phone then open it on your computer and copy the item on the root of you sd card(don't put in a folder at all, just on the card) check the other posts on here about installing the update. that's how i learned how do to it.

hoped i helped.

3. smacky

smacky Banned

Download the file, mount the SD card, drag and drop the file on to it.

Turn the phone off, hit the "volume down" button while holding down the power button, and it will enter set up. Keep an eye on it as it will ask you to hit press the trackball button as "enter" to continue with the update. Make sure you do that.

4. Dbudds

ok i just put it on my sd card im on the screen with the 3 skateboards and nothings happening??

5. AwesomeIT

AwesomeIT Well-Known Member

Once you have the .zip file on your SD card you need to power off your phone. Hold down the volume down button on the side of the phone and press the power button. It will launch the boot loader screen where it will tell you that it found an update and ask you if you'd like to update. Simply press the trackball once. It will then prompt you again to reboot when it's finished, which takes about 10 minutes. Press the trackball again.

Done.

6. Dbudds

I found out my problem..the file is showing up with a 1 after it im trying 2 figure out how to get on my sd card without that 1 popping up after it

7. Melissa31

Melissa31 Well-Known Member

You have to right click on it and rename delete the 1 after it:)

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk