Getting Wi-Fi to work...Support

Last Updated:

1. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member This Topic's Starter

When I activate all of the Wi-Fi options, nothing seems to happen. Should a Wi-Fi symbol appear at the top of the screen?

I can view available Wi-Fi networks but can't seem to connect to any of them.

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

are they secured? if not you should e able to connect just fine. if they are secured you need the passwords

havent messed with wifi much but my home router is open and it connected fine for me.

download a wifi app maybe to see if you can get it to work, i have "wefi connect" on my eris and it works pretty good.

3. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member This Topic's Starter

They are secured, I think, but you don't normally need a password to connect. I'm not sure. It's a university network.

Is there supposed to be a Wi-Fi icon at the top when it is on?

4. Grizzld

Grizzld Well-Known Member

I only see the WiFi icon when my WiFi is connected. When I go out of range, it dissappears. Most universities secure their networks.

5. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Did you go into settings and for Wifi? Or are you just "turning it on"? Go to settings ---> wireless controles ----> enable the wifi then go into wifi settings to select your network. It will then ask for your WEP Key...

6. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Stupid question, but if Wifi is connected, does the phone automatically send data over it vs. the cell service?

What apps will run wifi? Everything except phone calls?