Gettings Apps that are not in Marketplace

Last Updated:

1. lovedesire2010

lovedesire2010 Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway of getting Apps that are not on Marketplace onto my wildfire that are on there for the desire?

There is a App called weatherbug that i had on a desire but i cant get it for the wildfire so how can i do it?

I have heard of Appbrain but i cant get that to work as when i try to download a app from that site it takes me to market place which cant find missing apps.

Advertisement
  2. buddhistmonkey

buddhistmonkey Member

I've had some luck downloading the .apk files direct from the net, either on the phone browser itself or on the PC and transferring them over.
    the phone then installs the app.
    but it can be tricky finding the .apk out there.
    places like cnet and the like can have the downloads.
    it is infuriating trying to find them tho.

3. gouldy26

gouldy26 Member

download it on to the desire from the market then use root explorer to go into your sd card and find the apk, then just bluetooth it over to the wildfire, works every time for me

buddhistmonkey likes this.
  4. buddhistmonkey

buddhistmonkey Member

thats a decent idea.
    my flatmates got a desire, sweet!
    cheers

5. gazabb

gazabb New Member

6. Bethbaby

Bethbaby Active Member

Hi. I'm considering getting a Wildfire, I used to have a HTC Magic and now have a T-mobile pulse mini. After reading on the forum about the problematic screen resolution it is putting me off a bit. Does anyone know the difference in screen res between the Magic and Wildfire? The pulse mini doesn't have access to all the apps that the Magic did and I'm a bit concerned that the wildfire will be the same. I know I must sound like a right saddo but I used to love the app Papaya Farm and am GUTTED that I can't get it on the pulse mini!!! Has anyone else had a problem loading this app? By the way, I'm not thinking of getting a Wildfire JUST for Papaya Farm, it just sounds like I am!!! lol