1. himurak

himurak Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Kadgarth

Kadgarth Active Member

Is it any good?

3. himurak

Quite good. I used it for 2 years on my Storm 1 and it survived a dog chewing on it (don't ask) scratch-less :)

4. Got Droid

Got Droid Active Member

I am thinking of putting a ghost armor on my Droid X and using a vertical leather case. Would the ghost armor stay on after repeated use in and out of a leather holster?

5. himurak

Most definitely. That is exactly the kind of case I used. It has a lifetime warranty and their customer service is superb. It literally is thinner than a piece of paper and it is what they coat the US Army's helicopter blades in. I'd show you pictures of my phone with it, but it's my only camera and my DX ships next week :(.

I was very skeptical about this product at first as well, but have been nothing but impressed. Youtube some ghost armor videos if you want demos. Heads up though if you use it on two products don't put them on top of each other. It creates a vacuum...funny video about it on youtube

6. SFWB

SFWB Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. I think this is what I'll go with. I've heard about this stuff before.

7. Got Droid

Got Droid Active Member

Here is the reply to my question about Ghost Armor staying on when used with a leather holster.

"I really don't know what to say because i don't know the clearances of the
    case. Either way though i would still get a screen protector if you cant
    get the full body.

Also to let you know with a case - they are not air tight, so when dirt
    and debris get inside your case and it doesn't get out right away, it will
    only lead to your phone getting all scratched up. And if you do your
    research on Gorilla glass, it's scratch resistance, BUT not scratch proof!

That's why are product is nice because its air tight. So nothing can get
    in between your material and your phone, so nothing can touch your phone
    so nothing can scratch your phone where the material is located on your
    device."

Regards,
    Ghost Armor Customer Service
    James Acinelli Jr

8. scott6003

scott6003 Member

I have used ghost armor, inviable skin, and many more.

To be honest with you... I don't like using anything but the screen guard. As long as you have a good case (seidio) all you need is a good screen protector. After a bit the full bod screen protector looks bad on the phone.

-Scott

9. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member

Color me amused! Guess who else claims the EXACT same thing: Phantom Skinz. I would put money down that these two companies use the same exact material. It seems that both get the best reviews and the happiest customers out of all the brands.

Now that I think about it, I believe they're actually the same price too! Now I don't know about Ghost Armor, but Phantom Skinz gives you two protectors for your $ (so a screen only 'kit' would be about $9 and change, and comes with two kits).

I also suggest googling coupons for Phantom Skinz if you go that direction (I found a 30% off coupon code two days ago that works). I'm in NY and they had free shipping and no taxes, so I ended up getting mine for $6 and change.

Again, these two brands are most likely the exact same material, and if they're not, it's probably comparable. I would go with whatever you can find for the least $: it sounds like neither will disappoint.

10. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

I ordered two full body shields for my DX and my wife's DX. I think I might only apply the display shield.

11. 2009m6

2009m6 Well-Known Member

mine gets here monday, i ordered wednesday afternoon :)

12. himurak

Awesome I have no personal experience with that company, but nice find if it is the same product. Reviews of it seem to prefer the Ghost Armor, but I always take them with a grain of salt.

13. himurak

Although it's my storm atm I do recommend that you do this since it does add just enough to annoy the case fittings. Besides why protect under the case :p

14. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

So... is Ghost Armor something YOU have to do, or you can take it to a mall or VZW store... I don't have the best track record for screen protector bubblelessness.

15. AJ_EVO

AJ_EVO Well-Known Member

Yes.

I just got my ghost armor tracking number, it'll be delivered Monday. I'll try to remember to post a few pics.

16. himurak

It does have to be done by yourself...sorta. Some (gulp) Apple stored will do it for you. It's pretty easy however. Comes with squeegee application goop and instructions. I've seen my friend with Parkinson's do it without much issue

17. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

Just got back from the mall, the guy put it on my fiances dx, amazing! Then i went to order mine and he tried to charge me $50 installed, i was like uhm. No. I ended up paying $23 for.full ghost armor with profesional install, when mine comes in that is... lol