Ghost Armour On the EvoAccessories

Last Updated:

1. burgertime

burgertime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hmmm...it's not looking too good so far. It's tough folks. I couldn't get the sides to fit at all and they just ended up curling up on me. The front and back seem good but I had an issue where some white little spec showed up on the screen protector so I peeled it back but it wasn't dust or anything I tried scratching it off with my finger nail but that just caused the actual screen protector to scratch..WTF?? Pictures coming soon and HD vid of what it looks like. I like it but those scratches and that little white thing embedded is bunk.

Advertisement
  2. Jedson29

Jedson29 Active Member

Ouch.. sorry to hear. Try a different brand I would say.

3. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

... or take your time and not rush. Did you try the 'palming' technique for the corners?

4. burgertime

burgertime Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well no pictures coming because I just took the film off it was getting on my nerves. I'm just going to go to the mall and get it done. Screw it.

5. effluent

effluent Well-Known Member

I'm not picking my phone up til three. Already have Ghost Armor at home. What throws me off is how the top and bottom pieces are curved at the ends. Is that part of the problem? I don't understand why it curves...

6. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

It curves to accomodate wrapping around to the side of the phone.

I odered GA for my EVOs and my friend's Incredible and they came in last night. Since he has his phone in hand and mine is in UPS space someplace we applied the GA to his Incredible.

I did a full body Zagg on my current phone any the GA is BY FAR easier to apply and make it look good. The feel of the touch screen is also night and day better on the Ghost armor vs the Zagg invisible shield.

I'm looking forward to doing my EVOs whenever they get here.

7. kaisies

kaisies Well-Known Member

same. I did a zagg on my instinct and it was a nightmare. went with GA at the recommendation of a shack employee, AWESOME. I have no bubbles on my screen (one speck like the OP, but its up by the screen and thats totally fine/not noticable) sides and back went on GREAT. my zagg wasn't cut curved and a PITA around the corners, this went AMAZING.

8. EvoFrick

EvoFrick Active Member

my best buy was preinstalling the Zaggs, so i just said screw it and let them do it looks great no problems.

9. effluent

effluent Well-Known Member

Well tried to apply Ghost Armor last night. Hard as hell to line it all up especially on the front, and guess it took too many tries so it looks nasty underneath I guess from taking it off and reapplying a couple times. Sides and back no better but not a big deal like the screen. But it's all on there for now. Guess sometime soon I'll just take the screen part off and put another screen protector on it and leave the rest of the Armor on.

10. 48548

48548 New Member

I installed mine yesterday as I bought two so I would always have a spare as I sent away for another or walked into a store to get another one... I have used bodygaurdz in the past and this was my first ghost armor.... Not bad, nice squeegee and nice spray bottle with a lot of stuff.... I did mine on while riding as a passanger in a car... So it is what it is.... Also still waiting for the screen to clear up which takes a couple of days, but it is better than it was yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. nancyh1990

nancyh1990 Well-Known Member

Dude, that is weird looking. I installed my GA on Friday. It took me 10 minutes. I did not even take off the battery as recommended. I started using the phone within 30 minutes or so. Mine looks perfect. Can't even tell it is there.

12. Jusjun

Jusjun Active Member

Do you guys think the ghost armor will protect the phone well enough in the case of a drop onto the street? I have a GA on the way, but I'm not convinced that it will protect such a fall. I'm contemplating on getting the Seidio Innocase II as an added insurance and just using the screen protector of the GA. Any input?

13. Kingkoa

Kingkoa Well-Known Member

I would get the case for drops, shields just protect scratches IMO

14. djdisturbed

djdisturbed Well-Known Member

Thats what im doing right now, though i might go full GA, not sure yet (i dont have the sedio branded one, i have the one they had a bestbuy that was made by sedio, but its the same thing), not sure if I like it yet, gives the phone a weird feel, it flexes too much for my tastes

15. josh536

josh536 Active Member

i know this post is kinda old...but i gotta know! How do you get your EVO to stand up vertically?! Mine only does horizontal??

16. Tow_Master

Tow_Master Active Member

I use Zagg for the screen, bought an Otter Box Case popped out the plastic clear piece for the screen and I love it....the clear piece on top of the zagg leaves a bubble look thats why I popped it out, works perfect