1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost calendar entries showing up in Calendar, not in Google Calendar

Last Updated:

1. scpetrel

scpetrel New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello! I'm a new Droid Eris user and have been using Google Calendar for some time. I have a single calendar set up which is syncing with the Eris. I can successfully add/edit/delete entries from both applications and have them show up just fine on the other side.

I have a couple of recurring entries that I've since deleted in Google Calendar but are still showing up on my Eris. The unique thing about both of these entries is that they were meeting requests sent to my Gmail address and accepted from there. They have since been cancelled from the original sender and are now removed from my Google Calendar. My calendar entries are labeled as dark blue, and these two show as light blue. I cannot select them on the Eris to edit or delete them.

Any ideas? Thanks all.

Advertisement
  2. JDuc

JDuc Well-Known Member

I am having a similar issue on my phone. The difference is that I initially synced with Google, then reset my phone and cleared my Google Calendar. I then synced my Google calendar with Outlook (hoping to get rid of Outlook once and for all). Now these initial events are showing in my phone (from the first ever sync), but I cannot delete them or get rid of them in any way.

Anyone?:confused:

3. rafael5

rafael5 New Member

Same here. I deleted all events from my Google Calendar, but seems like the sync did not remove everything from the Android cal. Now I have ghost events on my Android that don't show up in Google cal. And Android won't let me edit or delete them.

Anybody have a solution for this?

4. rafael5

rafael5 New Member

I found a way to remove the ghost events from my android.

These events were created in Outlook (invitations from other users), then synced with Google Calendar using Google sync, and then synced with Android. At some point I disconnected Outlook sync from Google Cal, and removed all my Outlook events from my Google cal. As it appears, during the GoogleCal-to-Android sync some Outlook events stayed on as ghosts on my Android.

I could see the ghost events but I could not Edit or Delete them. So, I scrolled to the bottom of an event, and Declined the invitation. This removed the event from my Android.

Hope this helps.

5. cygnis1

cygnis1 Member

It started yesterday, an invitation for a "seminar". I deleted the entries from my droid bionic's calendar and do see it on my google calendar. I have never used outlook. How do I stop these spam messages from showing up in my calendar?
    Cygnis1

6. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

For the Ghost events, you could try going to settings>apps finding the calendar entry and clearing cache then data. If you are keeping you calendar on Goggle, then a resync should get you back up and running hopefully without the Ghost events.

As for the spam events, I have never had that happen, so I don't have an answer.

BigRedGonzo