• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ghost phone

Qayin

Lurker
Jan 18, 2015
Hello everyone. First time poster, long time reader.

My Sony phone has been one of the nicest and the most awful of phones I've ever had. Within the first year I had countless great times with my phone, such as swimming and recording, great pictures, extremely fast response time, etc. My phone about 2 weeks ago ended up with a minor crack on the top left of the screen. The digitizer wasn't broke, but the lcd needed to be repaired. $250.00 later my phone was repaired and everything appeared fine. Suddenly, my phone starts doing this blurred imagine on certain text, then as the phone goes on for longer periods of time, the phone gets worse. It's fine on white back grounds, but when I'm looking at Images, watching video, or taking pictures, the phone looks like it's melting. I can't seem to google the issue because I have no idea what to type and I have no way of screen shotting it because it's nothing to do with the picture of the phone. I feel like my phone is messed up again.

Help, please and thank you!

The phone was repaired by fix my pod. They're a good company. My phone just ended its one year parts and labour warranty and I was told it wouldn't of even been covered due to the screen damage anyway.

It started roughly a week after repair.

It's not even considered ghosting. It's so weird. The images look distorted and words become unreadable.. It's really strange.

Upvote 0
I'd say either you damaged more than the lcd or the repair was inadvertently botched/you received faulty hardware.

Maybe there's something trapped between the glass and the screen itself? Is there any way you could take a decent photo of it?

I'd start with giving fix my pod a call and ask if they offer any sort of guarantee on their repairs?

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
It's a very strange issue. Nothing is trapped underneath the phone, and now that I've let the phone rest all night, the issue isn't here. Later on when the battery starts to drop, the issue will start to come back. It looks like ripping in the screen, but only on certain images.

Guess I'm gonna go back and see what's up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones