1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

"Ghost Rider"...needin' a cultural exorcism?

1. BWRpota

BWRpota Well-Known Member

Is anybody actually going to see Ghostly II? I mean, what significant powers does this character have? Making good on a threat to incinerate the marshmallows-on-a-stick some unsuspecting someone is holding over his head? :mad: Go ahead, try and talk me out of 7.25!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Italo

Italo Well-Known Member

I've never been a big Nicolas Cage fan, and don't think HE has been relevant for a few years now.

After the first Ghost Rider there is no way I will bother seeing GR2.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Ghost Rider from the comics was badass IMO. He took Galactus down single handedly. But the movies, well, lets say they really aren't well thought out.
  4. BWRpota

Whoa...are you talking 'bout Ghost Rider, or, Silver Surfer?
  5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

i enjoyed GR 2, better than the first (which wasn't really that good)
  6. chriswynne90

chriswynne90 Member

Ok so I like Nicholas Cage and I thought the first Ghost Rider was quite good, but OMFG what the hell were they thinking with the 2nd one. Had the feeling the movie contradicted itself from start to finish. Plus how crappy was the bad guy, devil what ever he was cause he a different actor from the 1st. Deffinatly up there with the worst movies ever made.
  7. BWRpota

Let's face it. Ghost Rider is a weak character. He was a terrifying anti-hero, at first, but other characters were developed who were just as dark.
    Stan Lee and the Marvel Powers That Be had to give old Flame Head some kind of powers, aside from his Penance Stare (yawn), effective on humans, but water off a duck's back to any demon nemesis. Then suddenly his chain had some weird powers. Am I missing anything? Movie makers are threatened with horrible deaths by fanboys/girls to prevent too much alteration to a character's appearance, powers, etc., to retain the original characteristics of the character. However, given the time period of the character's conception, the sometimes weak aspects of the character's powers, just any super comic hero will not fit very well onto the big screen. So, at least in the case of G.R., SOME ALTERATION IS NECESSARY, if Cage insists upon trying to make him a bonafide box office draw. 'Nuff said.