• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ghostify - Great Idea, Great App

Keep installed only the applications you use regularly

Turn the others in ghosts when you uninstall them. Ghostify will memorize all necessary informations to reinstall them quickly if you need them.

Basically when you uninstall an app, it pops up asking if you want to turn it into a ghost. If you select yes, it stores the apk on your sdcard, and adds the app to its list of ghosts. When you want to install simply click on the ghost in the list.

I use it to keep my phone clean, and if i download an app, but it doesnt yet have the features i want, i ghostify it.

Top app, the developer seems very helpful and open to ideas too.

I don't see any benefit over just backing up apk's with Astro or any other program. Now, if it allowed you to reinstall them without having to input your credentials again that would be great. Have a 4 digit code to allow it to reinstall them WITH credentials already input.

Sorry, wm...didn't read your post first. ^^^^what he said!

i used to use astro (actually i used app monster), but i like the way whenever i uninstall an app, it shows a notification, and upon clicking shows all the apps waiting to be ghostified (or not).

I don't think it can restore data, use titanium for that.

If it simply reinstalls apps when you need them without restoring data, then it's kind of pointless, isn't it? :thinking:

Whats confusing?? I explained why i used it in my post!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones