giantpune's custom kernel

Last Updated: 2014-08-12 00:06:33
  1. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. pandacookie

pandacookie Panda-riffic! Guide

Okay! Made the backup and got Nandroid Browser. Where should I look? I will be here for about 45 minutes and then I'll be going out.
  3. DsyMnapTic

DsyMnapTic Well-Known Member

You should probably just upload the entire nandroid to sendspace.com I think that would be the quickest route for both of you

Post a link.......but I'm thinking you could also just remove everything but the boot image from the backup folder (the one that gives you the date of the backup) and then just upload that and pmomp could place that in the appropriate location and flash through cwm
  4. FoxyDrew

FoxyDrew Well-Known Member

Soo what happened
  5. pandacookie

Except my computer isn't allowing me to access the files of this phone. Now what? USB debugging is turned off.
  6. DsyMnapTic

Turn it on
  7. FoxyDrew

Try going into recovery and mounting usb from there
  8. pandacookie

Just did. It still won't allow me to access the files.
  9. DsyMnapTic

When prompted, change the connection mode to mass storage and if not prompted go into settings and connectivity and you'll see default connection mode change it
  10. pandacookie

Okay I'm there. Where would I find the nandroid?
  11. DsyMnapTic

/sdcard/External_SD/clockworkmod/backup/1980.....and that should be it

Just upload the one that says 1980whatever that's what he needs

Edit: you are using an external sdcard correct?
  12. pandacookie

I actually have the boot image right here. I'll upload that.

Yes. I have an external sd card.
  13. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

It's either:

/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/{time-stamped backup folder}/

-or-

/sdcard/_ExternalSD/clockworkmod/backup/{time-stamped backup folder}/
  14. DsyMnapTic

Okay that'll do, well just have to figure out flashing that
  15. FoxyDrew

Thanks lol I was in th e middle of typing exactly what you just posted when my laptop died (am I the only one who ignores the "please plug in charger" message)

Edit: so if he uploades the boot.img ill just replace that with the one in my backup folder and restore it and if it screwes it up ill just boot into recovery and restore my second backup
  16. DsyMnapTic

@ktb if I'm right, can't pmomp just flash the boot.img through cwm if it will let you basically do that anyway in advanced restore

If not maybe we can just plug the img into the correct file paths (ie create a fake backup file) and then restore it in advanced restore
  17. DsyMnapTic

He's sending the boot.img alone, we'll figure it out
  18. pandacookie

Okay. I gotta go. I'm letting the computer upload the file and I will post the link when I get back. I should be back in a couple hours.
  19. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

That's possible. Give it a shot. The only reason I'm not sure is that usually each backup has a corresponding nandroid.md5 file which contains an md5 for each partition in the backup and I'm not sure if that will prevent simply doing this as you're suggesting.
  20. DsyMnapTic

Hmmm....must have decided to upload the whole thing, 8mb doesn't take very long and sendspace makes it super easy to copy a link.....oh well..... lol, guess you got two more hours bro. Lol
  21. landonh12

landonh12 Well-Known Member

Disregard
  22. DsyMnapTic

23. FoxyDrew

Lol I was thinking the same thing oh well
  24. landonh12

landonh12 Well-Known Member

Woah woah... I thought that post was the last post lol..
  25. pandacookie

Hey. I'm replying on my phone. Still out. Sorry but I'm uploading the boot.img. I'd have posted it earlier but I was being rushed out the door. I'm also on a 3G connection on my computer. I have a Sprint air card. Not a regular connection. I'm living with my parents and they won't get a regular connection. I know it sounds weird but hey. Anyway, I'll post that link in a half hour or so. Sorry. Don't wanna piss anyone off.