• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Giants - Vikings

pastafarian

Pâtes avec votre foie
Nov 4, 2009
The Sea of Tranquility
Due to the blizzard, the game time was moved to Monday @ 8:00PM on Fox (local only?). Due to the roof collapse at the Metrodome, the game has been moved to Ford Field in Detroit. I have questions-

Will this be the lowest attended game in modern history? I'm watching the Detroit game right now and the stadiums half empty with the Lions playing. Too far to travel from NY and they're still digging out from a blizzard in Minneapolis.

How much will it cost to move the game to Detroit and who pays? They're not going to sell a lot of tickets in a day and opening a stadium can't be cheap.

How much did it cost to get Disney to allow a competing game to MNF that will all but wipe out its ratings in the largest market (NY) as well as Minnesota?

Is there more than 1 visiting locker room in Ford Field? I can't imagine that either team will be able to use the Lions facilities.

I'm guessing that there had to be a lot of wheeling and dealing by the league to get this moving, I wonder what the total cost will be?

I'm sure I could think of a few more, but that will do for now. :D

First of all the game against the Packers was a sellout but we got slammed with some bad weather so some people probably stayed home.

One of the reasons they are playing the game in Detroit is because the Fox crew will be there still after the Lions/Packers game.

The tickets are free. You can pick them up at the Ford Field box office in the morning. It's a win for Detroit because we get the concession sales and it will help local bars and restaurants. If the weather is still bad I don't know how many people will show though.

I think it really hurts the Vikes because they lose a home game. They will be refunding all the tickets and they lose out on concession sales.

Reactions: pastafarian
Upvote 0
I made the post before the "free" announcement. I know someone going to school out there who's planning on getting tix this morning, weather permitting. This working out for Detroit isn't a bad thing at all. The only downside to me as a Giant fan is that we now have a short week before the Eagles, a huge game for us and bigger still if we win tonight.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones