.gif animation emailSupport

Last Updated:

1. vandeec5

vandeec5 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A friend sent me a .GIF animation picture to email but the only thing I can see is a still image of it. I was wondering is there a way to view the animation on the DINC?

Advertisement
  2. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

I don't think the DINC (or maybe it is Android) supports animated viewing of .GIF files.

vandeec5 likes this.
  3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

vandeec5 likes this.
  4. vandeec5

There is no option to save the .gif. I just see a still image.

Isnt there a temp folder where all images are downloaded into before you can view them? If so, I may be able to use astro file manager and location the image and view it from there.

5. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

I play gif files all the time with the stock HTC photo program. Maybe it does have to be saved to the SD card or system memory, but they play fine. I'll experiment and see if I can play one form an email and post back.

vandeec5 likes this.
  6. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

Well, I just sent myself several emails with attached gif files. I get a choice to "Download" or "view". If I choose view, they are just still pictures, but if I choose download, they play fine after a few seconds that I presume it takes to download them.

vandeec5 likes this.
  7. vandeec5

Thank you Musky.

I just sent myself a test .gif animation in two different ways.

1. Use outlook, find image on website, copy image, paste into message in HTML format.
    On my phone it says "Show HTML Images", when I press on it I get an arrow pointing down with a clock (Downloading). I only see a still image of it. With NO option to save.

2. Use outlook, insert picture from file (an actual attachment .gif format) in HTML format.
    On my phone it shows as an attachment, I click on it with the arrow pointing down and clock (downloading). When it is done, I click on the paperclip, Open and view with photo which I can see the animation.

So as long as the .gif is an attachment and not pasted into the email, then I can view it.

Musky likes this.