• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gif files from hell!!! Help!

Slugdoc

Nov 15, 2009
The Bronx
When I go to Photos (in 2.1) or Albums (1.5), I see, in addition to the folder structure that I set up on my SD card, a whole list of gif files that I don't want to see.

Moreover I can't figure out where they are living. According to the Photos app, they are on root level, but I can't see them! (I would like to see them so I could delete them).

They each have names like: "b5469cb0-6ab8-4409-b2ef-caf8bb49bd81" and the have a type image/gif.

Less than 1K each, seem to be pixelated little icons and bits of web graphics. (?)

I hate them. Help me find and eliminate them.
Anyone else have this problem?

I have the feeling it started when I trialed some 3d party browser.

(I know about the .nomedia deal, but that won't help here, as far as I know because it on the root level, and I don't want to .nomedia my whole SD card..) If I don't solve this I will reformat the SD card...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones