• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GIF Messages

BrandonOptimus

Android Enthusiast
Sep 19, 2011
Jersey
Is there anyway I can send Messages containing GIF images that wont act as a still image when I send it? I know I can use Quickpic to view gif images but I just dont know how to send them. Im one of those gif creators that likes to make funny pics and all, I really need to know if there is any way. This is basically one problem that bothers me.. A LOT.

Is there anyway I can send Messages containing GIF images that wont act as a still image when I send it? I know I can use Quickpic to view gif images but I just dont know how to send them. Im one of those gif creators that likes to make funny pics and all, I really need to know if there is any way. This is basically one problem that bothers me.. A LOT.

I think if you use the stock text app, the photos just look and show like they are still images, but are actually sent as gifs...though I can't be sure. I know that whenever I send a normal jpeg it says it compresses because the file is too large, and gif are obviously larger. :thinking: lol. Oh well try another app, like GoSMS, it's very customization oriented and I know there is a setting to change attachment size, maybe there is something for specific formats. :)
Anyways, I hope you get it working. Have a nice day.

Reactions: BrandonOptimus
Upvote 0
I think if you use the stock text app, the photos just look and show like they are still images, but are actually sent as gifs...though I can't be sure. I know that whenever I send a normal jpeg it says it compresses because the file is too large, and gif are obviously larger. :thinking: lol. Oh well try another app, like GoSMS, it's very customization oriented and I know there is a setting to change attachment size, maybe there is something for specific formats. :)
Anyways, I hope you get it working. Have a nice day.

Go Sms. Does play gifs!!! Just that it will not send them... It doesnt compress the gif as well. At least mine didnt. Im going to try mostly every popular messaging app Until I get one that works :D ty Ben :D

Reactions: benalmighty
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones