Gifs stopped playingSupport

Last Updated: 2012-11-22 10:52:04
  1. benstu

benstu Member

I have never had a problem playing gifs on my phone.( Through the reddit is fun app). I recently updated my phone to v2.3.3. Gifs no longer play, they wont work if i open in browser or if i save to the phone.
    ive googled the crap out of the issue but found nothing
    Any ideas?
    Edit: i also have the latest version of flash installed
    twice now ive gotten the gifs to work, then they suddenly stop working again(within 5min) for no reason
    also recently i have been roaming in places i have not roamed before not sure if this could be related some how

Advertisement
  2. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Well I have adobe flash player installed and when I go to senorgifs they play. Worth a try if you haven't
  3. benstu

benstu Member

went to senorgif, they also will not play
  4. Mexjoker

Do you have adobe flashplayer installed? I don't know if it may help though, but worth a try :/
  5. benstu

benstu Member

yepp, latest version and everything
  6. Mexjoker

Searching to see why its not playinf gifs and it looks like your not the only one
  7. benstu

benstu Member

yes, however there are no solutions to fix the problem
    the only thing i saw anyone suggest is that there is an option in the internet settings to turn gifs on, however there is not that option in my settings
  8. Mexjoker

Do you use the stock browser?
  9. benstu

benstu Member

10. Mexjoker

Try a different browser cause I get on senorgif through dolphin browser
  11. benstu

benstu Member

tried it, still didnt work
  12. benstu

benstu Member

just set dolphin browser as defult and they r workin now
    thanks for ur suggestions
  13. Mexjoker

Don't have this phone but I read that on froyo in the stock browser it had an option to enablr gifs but on the 2.3 upgrade they took that option out. Hm.. still trying to find a way.
  14. benstu

benstu Member

they were working for about 5 min then they stopped again
  15. Mexjoker

Did you do anything to make them work?
  16. benstu

benstu Member

i thought changing my default browser fixed it, but 5 min later they didnt work again, and i didnt do anything thing between them starting to work and them not working
  17. Mexjoker

Hm.. :/ this is bugging me.
  18. benstu

benstu Member

you're tellin me
  19. Mexjoker

Hm.. Im trying to think ofa way hm.
  20. narwhal_hunter

narwhal_hunter New Member

I believe i have found the answer amigos. Just like OP, ive been having trouble viewing gifs since day one (main source reddit is fun app).

I became fed up tonite and went on a solution hunt for those of us who are still rockin that og galaxy.

Ive gotten every gif ive clicked on to run flawlessly and from multiple different hosts (imgur, senorgif, minus, tumblr). Ive rebooted my phone and still had everything work for over 24hrs now.

The solution is simple and free.

Open your playstore and search for opera mobile. Its a browser that will solve all of your gif problems. Be sure to download opera mobile NOT opera mini, there is a difference.

Once you have this installed simply open your gifs through opera mobile and problem solved.

Hope this helps solve some frustration.