Gingerbread 2.3.4 Official UpdateSupport

Last Updated:

1. @ILE@

@ILE@ Member

Can someone please tell me how to upgrade to the latest Gingerbread update from Samfirmware, because the files are different when upgraded with Odin, but now there are other files.

Please Help!!!

Advertisement
  2. roofrider

roofrider Well-Known Member

@ILE@ likes this.
  3. @ILE@

@ILE@ Member

Btw there is an official upgrade through Kies available from today or yesterday. I tried and it all working fine. I suggest you should try it. :)))))
  4. roofrider

Whr are u frm? official upgrade is not available in India yet.
  5. @ILE@

@ILE@ Member

I am from Europe. Probably there isn't update for India yet. :((
  6. roofrider

yea but who cares abt the official updates as long as there is samfirmware and custom roms ;)
    techlearn likes this.
  7. @ILE@

@ILE@ Member

I agree with you, but the latest update is posted on samfirmware.com too.
  8. giri189

giri189 Active Member

It takes 3 more months in India!
  9. tapan das

tapan das New Member

I AM TAPAN FROM CALCUTTA. PLEASE ADVICE/HELP ME WITH THE UPGRADETION OF MY GALAXY FIT S5670 TO GINGERBREAD 2.3.4. CONSIDER IN DETAIL AS I HAVE LESS THAN VERY KEEN KNOLEDGE ABOUT ANDROID OS. HOW TO, WHERE TO , WHAT IS FOLLOWED BY WHICH. tapandas162@gmail.com. THANK YOU.
  10. roofrider

post it in the galaxy fit forum. they'll know best.
  11. johnd76

johnd76 Member

So when is the Official upgrade to gingerbread coming to the UK
  12. muttalib32190

muttalib32190 Member

Sorry to post her ---- I am GALAXY POP CDMA (SCH-I559) User, is it possible for me to upgrade to gingerbread, if yes please explain me,.
  13. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

Hi does anyone know how much post do i have to post links..
  14. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

But you can get unoffical european rom in your phone. It also works fine. I've tested it in my phone.....
  15. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

GO to this link Handy Informations: Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Pop/Mini GTS5570 to Gingerbread 2.3.4 it has details on flashing rom from samfirmware and it works fine. I've also upgraded to gingerbread using this method....

ALL the Best!!!!

If I helped you hit thanks button....
  16. keshavdroid

keshavdroid New Member

Um, Just a question!how can I know when the official updates are released and from where? :) :confused:
  17. ingalway

ingalway Member

Hi, does anyone know who I can upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3 using a Mac computer? As far as I can make out I cannot use Kies as there is no version available for the Galaxy Mini on Kies for Mac and I cannot flash the files as they are PC Windows downloads only, I think? Are there any Mac users who have been able to upgrade? Thanks.
  18. xtreme6904

xtreme6904 New Member

if i have the phone locked in a network (orange romania) can i use odin to update to gingerbread, without damaging the phone???
  19. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

Visit Samfirmware.com regularly and see whethere there is any new rom for your region's device.
  20. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

I don't think it is possible through MAC as kies and ODIN are not available for MAC OS. The best way is to get help from a friend who has windows pc.

All the Best...
  21. StoneBoyTony

StoneBoyTony Well-Known Member

Just to inform everybody. Don't use custom roms to upgrade to Gingerbread. Custom roms can bring you only troubles, you can lose your IMEI, GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth, Camera bugs. Many people have reported that already. Problem is that when using custom roms they are conflicting with your hardware motherboard ID witch you have that has been already designed for the Firmware that you have from your Stock ROM of your mobile network provider. Keep in mind once you flash your phone there is no backstep for bringing back your original Firmware you can see that by connecting your phone to KIES and when you go for ugrade Firmaware you will see a message "This phone can't be upgraded". I'll suggest you upgrade only your phone thru KIES an official Gingerbread but make shure you unroot your phone first so you wont have any troubles.
  22. ingalway

ingalway Member

Hi Again - thanks for the reply. Been on a Windows machine today, downloaded Kies but I cannot find anyway to upgrade. It says I have the lastest Firmware PDA:KC3/PHONE:KB1/CSC:KC1(TSI) but I have no idea how to go from 2.2.1 to 2.3. I don't see anywhere to find the update. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks again.
  23. yagya

yagya Well-Known Member

Sorry, to dissapint you but gingerbread is not available via kies on some countries. So, you will have to do it manually using Odin. You can download gingerbread from News - www.SamFirmware.com ..
  24. tareq1988

tareq1988 Member

Wating for the Indian ROM. Cause the other ROM's doesn't render Bengali correctly. Need it badly :(