• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread 2.3 DHD

DHDNo.1

Jun 17, 2011
Hey everyone sorry if i've posted in the wrong section.. > newbie alert <

I live in the UK in south wales and have the DHD.. and im currently running the 2.2 system yet my friend who has the EXACT same phone is running the real 2.3 gingerbread system on theres because there update came through and she only lives just down the road from me literally! so what is going on? i've tried searching for an update on my phone but it just says im fully updated!.. However we are on different sim networks so could that make a difference? Im on a 24 month contract with THREE and shes with Vodafone!

Thanks for any input :)

That's exactly why your friend has 2.3 and you can't get it yet. Different networks release them at different times. And obviously 3 hasn't yet. Orange hasn't either. They need time to test it and then add all there own bloatware crap.
It could be a while, Orange took 3 months to release 2.2.

My advice would be to get in touch with 3 and ask them.

If this helps please thank:D

Reactions: DHDNo.1
Upvote 0
Cheers for all the replies folks i half suspected this to be the case tbh. Theres alot of crappy bloatware on my phone.. which sucks indefinitely especially when you want to fast boot and three's rubbish comes up first! and as for software version i'll just give you all of it..

Android version.. 2.2

Baseband Version.. 12.28b.60.140eU_26.03.02.26_M

Kernel Version
2.6.32.12-gf3f553d
htc-kernel@and18-2#1
Thu Oct 28 13:24:11 CST 2010

Build Number - 1.37.771.3 CL290190 release-keys

Software Number - 1.37.771.3

Browser version
Webkit 3.1

Upvote 0
That's exactly why your friend has 2.3 and you can't get it yet. Different networks release them at different times. And obviously 3 hasn't yet. Orange hasn't either. They need time to test it and then add all there own bloatware crap.
It could be a while, Orange took 3 months to release 2.2.

My advice would be to get in touch with 3 and ask them.

If this helps please thank:D

Sorry mate but my advice wouldn't. Can just about gaurantee that when DHD No1 phones 333 to ask, they wont even know its available. Best place to check i reckon is twitter, follow them and they will fire it on there as soon as its available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones