1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Gingerbread 2.3 was here, then gone, now it's backGeneral

When will VZW push a fixed GB OTA

Poll closed Jan 4, 2012.
  1. 10/11/11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 10/17/11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 10/24/11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 10/31/11

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. 11/07/11

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. 11/14/111

22 vote(s)
    20.6%
  7. 11/21/11

6 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Don't care (rooted already, etc)

23 vote(s)
    21.5%
  9. Before Christmas

12 vote(s)
    11.2%
  10. Never, the lobsters ate all the testers so it got cancelled

11 vote(s)
    10.3%
  11. It isn't coming at all now

13 vote(s)
    12.1%
  12. Any minute now

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  13. Immediately after Jimmy Hoffa's body is found

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  14. The day after the apocalypse

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  15. Sometime after the sun goes supernova

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. WhizGidget

WhizGidget Well-Known Member

I've not seen one, but we had a really long and fun thread for the Froyo waiting room... are we going to have a "waiting room"/speculation thread on Gingerbread for the Incredible (for those of us who have not rooted or are waiting to root)

Advertisement
    :
  2. im sure we will. Hopefully the devs can get a leaked version and bake it into a rom for us
  3. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

mmmmmmhhh...I just got hungry.
  4. WormDoes

WormDoes Well-Known Member

Can't wait for gingerbread :D Anyone have any legitimate guesses on when us Inc users could see it in an OTA? Also, what are the main features that everyone is looking forward to??
  5. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

we just got 2.2....
  6. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Sure, we can have one. Matter of fact, I'll just make this the speculation thread for now.:p

(Editing your title)
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  7. DarbagDarbag

DarbagDarbag Well-Known Member

i speculate that the incredible will or will not get 2.3
  8. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

I speculate that your speculation is just speculation! ;)
  9. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

I heard there was a representative from HTC that has a box in the back of a Lexus with an Incredible in it with Gingerbread already installed on it. From what I heard, he was a heavy set man with a hot temper too.
  10. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

And probably a chrome gat!
  11. incredible x4

incredible x4 Well-Known Member

I speculate it will be March or April before we see Gingerbread, if we see it at all. And this is based on if Google announces it in the next week or so or they announce it next month. It took Verizon and HTC about 3 months after Google announced Froyo to push it to the Incredible. So I would expect about that same time frame but probably longer since Google is rumored to be revamping so much with Gingerbread. And it might be longer because HTC might want to push the new version of Sense along with Gingerbread, if they don't do it before they update us to Gingerbread. So, I'm not expecting this update to come any time in the near future. But by the time I'm speculating our phones will probably be so far beyond obsolete it will be hilarous. So there is always the chance we may not even get it at all.
  12. 2010 ZR1

2010 ZR1 Well-Known Member

Keeping in mind the whole "Incredible might be phased out by 3/11" situation, I am guessing that around then is when we will start hearing rumors of people seeing it in the wild with the actual update coming pretty close to June or July-ish. By then though, I will have moved on to something with 4G, front cam, >1GHz CPU, and ≥ 4.0" screen, especially if the battery issues are not addressed.
  13. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

Within 30 days of it being pushed to the Nexus, elements of it will be baked into a ROM for those of us that are rooted, regardless if HTC ever sends it out or not.
    blkbeltkid17 likes this.
  14. Homan13PSU

Homan13PSU Well-Known Member

Can't wait until Michael Weston pops in for a visit.

:D
    load97, Los88 and andreezy like this.
  15. Citic07

Citic07 Active Member

16. 2010 ZR1

I may consider rooting to try out gingerbread, I have been looking for more of a reason to root.
  17. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

I flashed the NOV update using virtuous works like a charm. Awesome battery life. Can't wait until he gets his hands on a Gingerbread build. (Speculating this will happen)
  18. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been thinking about rooting, flashing to get Gingerbread (once a stabl-ish ROM is available).
  19. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

Poor guy, he'll never live that one down. Hope he has a better contact this time.
  20. NoRegrets78

NoRegrets78 Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that Gingerbread eliminated the need for a 3rd party GUI like Sense. Why don't we just get Gingerbread plain without the frosting?
  21. TonyG916

TonyG916 Well-Known Member

i just speculated all over myself
    DarbagDarbag likes this.
  22. rman18

rman18 Active Member

Premature speculation... They have pills for that.

I'm rooted, so I should have it in a few weeks... woo hoo.
  23. jakeh0

jakeh0 Well-Known Member

i used a speculum to look inside this thread
  24. 2010 ZR1

HTC has already released statements saying that they will still apply their custom skins over Android even after it has been improved by google.
  25. I think all companies will continue to do this to make their product more of their own and also take longer to release updates.