1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Gingerbread 2.3 was here, then gone, now it's backGeneral

When will VZW push a fixed GB OTA

Poll closed Jan 4, 2012.
  1. 10/11/11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 10/17/11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 10/24/11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 10/31/11

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. 11/07/11

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. 11/14/111

22 vote(s)
    20.6%
  7. 11/21/11

6 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Don't care (rooted already, etc)

23 vote(s)
    21.5%
  9. Before Christmas

12 vote(s)
    11.2%
  10. Never, the lobsters ate all the testers so it got cancelled

11 vote(s)
    10.3%
  11. It isn't coming at all now

13 vote(s)
    12.1%
  12. Any minute now

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  13. Immediately after Jimmy Hoffa's body is found

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  14. The day after the apocalypse

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  15. Sometime after the sun goes supernova

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. vladfan

vladfan Well-Known Member

No update yet here in Southern California.
    cp1 and 8andsand like this.
  2. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Well-Known Member

3. Eris DeWitt

Eris DeWitt Active Member

Too bad they chose Godzilla over Big Daddy..(off topic). Go Angels!
  4. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

I heard that it will wipe your butt, walk your dog, and make you breakfast. All you need to do is set your alarm at night and it will take care of the rest. Oh man I can't wait for this update.
  5. andywarno

andywarno Well-Known Member

I think it'd be lovely if HTC gave us the option to have vanilla android or Sense. So you could just upgrade to the newest vanilla release, then load Sense if you wanted once they got it ready. Ah, dreams of a perfect world.....
  6. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

ohh yes!!! gingerbread talk already. its the start of Froyo all over again! ROFLMFAO!

Did you get it? what state do you live in? what time did you receive it? did you have the phone in the fridge when you got it or was it in the oven? Its been a day and I havent received it, I dont think im getting it.
    Here we go again!
    KREWzer likes this.
  7. Homan13PSU

Homan13PSU Well-Known Member

Anybody want to take a stab on what the over/under on when we'll see our first "Gingerbread Upgrade Rumor" thread is?
  8. AGWednesday

AGWednesday Well-Known Member

That would be a real android.
  9. sharper4

sharper4 Well-Known Member

Ha - this is funny!
  10. WhizGidget

WhizGidget Well-Known Member

You mean there isn't one yet? :eek: :rolleyes:

I figure we'll see one around Dec 10... because someone will be bored at work due to holiday slowdowns and starts one just for kicks.
  11. cp1

cp1 Well-Known Member

My sources say it's coming soon!
  12. masully1984

masully1984 Well-Known Member

Breaking news...no one knows yet!!!
  13. Fine69

Fine69 Well-Known Member

what I was reading on another forum the INC HD will have it and someone even said it may come with it when it releases November 23rd HD INC. Do who knows.
  14. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Someone said that there is no such thing as Gingerbread.

Someone also told me that pill I swallowed would cure that burning sensation...
  15. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

I heard from a reliable source, my friend's cousin's mailman's proctologist said he already has 2.3 and he is getting more than 48 hours up time on a single one hour charge but complained that 47 hours were taken up loading VZ bloatware and the other hour was spent dealing with keyboard lag.
  16. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

^That must be true because my mailman always acts like he has a stick up his butt.
  17. 2010 ZR1

2010 ZR1 Well-Known Member

Lovie Smith just signaled me from the sideline that the Incredible will get Gingerbread in time for Christmas...2012.

Seriously though, I do not care if the Incredible gets Gingerbread. By the time Gingerbread gets officially pushed to the Incredible Verizon will have a large LTE network established with dual core phones. One more thing, the Incredible is nice and all, but the plastic housing = horrible. Battery Life = horrible. I have had this phone for about 4 months and wish I would have picked a different phone. One thing that I must say is that in these 4 months I have grown accustomed to HTC Sense. If I were to switch phones, it would be to the Fascinate (for the hardware), rooted with a Sense ROM.
  18. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

I love my Incredible. It's my best friend and constant companion. I will be sad when I decide it's time to upgrade. It will be like throwing away a favorite pet. I had my first Four Loko tonight and am much more talkative than usual.
  19. Mr. Boom

Mr. Boom Well-Known Member

And you are still alive!
  20. 2010 ZR1

2010 ZR1 Well-Known Member

I find it hard to part with things that I use a lot, but the build quality of this phone is so bad that I can't wait until VZW comes out with a phone that meets my requirements for my next phone.
  21. Fine69

Fine69 Well-Known Member

my incredible saved my life... so im happy with it. sense the last update it charges so fast now when its turned off and battery life is much longer with the seidio battery.
  22. NOLA_Droid

NOLA_Droid Well-Known Member

Two weeks!............and then maybe another two weeks.:D
  23. Sean1208

Sean1208 Well-Known Member

Google CEO: Android 2.3 coming "in the next few weeks" - Update - The H Open Source: News and Features

So Verizon should get it all tested and rolled out some time in 2013. ;) <--- In case the sarcasm wasn't obvious.
  24. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

I have a source that says it will be soon... he is or course very reliable, he's The Muffin Man!!

Do you know the Muffin Man?
  25. iTreezy

iTreezy Active Member

Referring back to the 2.2 speculation thread

Whoever can randomly guess the date its rolled out is known as a god among these forums.

GO!