• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread 2.3 was here, then gone, now it's back

When will VZW push a fixed GB OTA

• 10/11/11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10/17/11

• 10/24/11

• 10/31/11

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 11/07/11

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 11/14/111

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • 11/21/11

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Don't care (rooted already, etc)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Before Christmas

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Never, the lobsters ate all the testers so it got cancelled

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • It isn't coming at all now

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Any minute now

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Immediately after Jimmy Hoffa's body is found

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • The day after the apocalypse

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sometime after the sun goes supernova

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everything seems to always go bad for me too and I rooted with no issue.

I suggest those who want a new phone ans have upgrade to try and root first. If you brick, you just go get a new phone.

Well, I'm not due for an upgrade but I did just add a line in preparation for my daughter getting a phone so worst case scenario I use the free Samsung I got if I were to brick it. But I have been assured I can do this. Lol. I'm not an idiot and I can follow directions. Hopefully by next weekend I'll be rooted and playing with roms.

;)

i lose it every time i think of it, LMAO!!!

Please please share!

Upvote 0
Yeah, That should have been clear, I thought.

Anyway, I'm looking to save a minute and a half a week saving me the 15 seconds a day that I check if my system is updated.

:)

MolBasser

What you SHOULD be checking is here. When that changes to talk about the Gingerbread update, get excited (currently that is the last update, when they fixed the froyo charge issue and GAVE us the vcast market).

Upvote 0
I don't think checking that actually helps. You can't update your phone OTA until they enable your ESN, at which point they'll push the update to you.

What you SHOULD be checking is here. When that changes to talk about the Gingerbread update, get excited (currently that is the last update, when they fixed the froyo charge issue and GAVE us the vcast market).

Foe those of us who got froyo doing the date trick, I am not sure that us completely accurate. I think your phone checks for updates every 7-14 days. Once it checks, it will push it or let you check for it and see it. With froyo, I used the date trick and got it.

However, I completely agree with checking PDF. Best way!

Upvote 0
I don't think checking that actually helps. You can't update your phone OTA until they enable your ESN, at which point they'll push the update to you.

Negative. A coworker with a POS Fascinate didn't know he had an update available to him until I asked him if he got it and he checked the System and Updates. That was nearly 2 weeks after the update got released.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones