• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread 2.3 was here, then gone, now it's back

When will VZW push a fixed GB OTA

• 10/11/11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10/17/11

• 10/24/11

• 10/31/11

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 11/07/11

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 11/14/111

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • 11/21/11

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Don't care (rooted already, etc)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Before Christmas

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Never, the lobsters ate all the testers so it got cancelled

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • It isn't coming at all now

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Any minute now

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Immediately after Jimmy Hoffa's body is found

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • The day after the apocalypse

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sometime after the sun goes supernova

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I filled out a Verizon customer survey and got a call from a manager. Does anyone in this company have a f'ing clue about anything? Every time I referenced Gingerbread, she repeated back Honeycomb. Not like I was expecting an answer...but this was even better. I discussed maybe they should use my idea about listing and updating their phones' statuses when it comes to OS updates. She was blown away by the idea......like I was breaking new ground or something. What did I get out of the experience...Nothing. But she will call me again when they get word of the update.....I won't hold my breathe.

Upvote 0
Well, I filled out a Verizon customer survey and got a call from a manager. Does anyone in this company have a f'ing clue about anything? Every time I referenced Gingerbread, she repeated back Honeycomb. Not like I was expecting an answer...but this was even better. I discussed maybe they should use my idea about listing and updating their phones' statuses when it comes to OS updates. She was blown away by the idea......like I was breaking new ground or something. What did I get out of the experience...Nothing. But she will call me again when they get word of the update.....I won't hold my breathe.

I bet you get a call 2 days after you get it.

Reactions: Twiz
Upvote 0
The dingos say no. Sorry. :)

GINGERWATCH DAY 42! With record temps over the Eastern US this weekend I hope you folks are staying cool out there!

Now for your "watergate" type moment. I specifically quoted the above user because the poor soul as been mis-informed. Although the Dingo's are still trying to maintain the appearance of being in control. It appears that is no longer the case. A new faction has quietly taken over Verizon is currently solidifying their position.

It seems our heat wave IS NOT natural, it was brought on by gargoyle's! Many gerbils died bringing us this info. I hope you all understand the meaning of this...

We'll have to wait while we see what our new gargoyle over lords decide to do.

Upvote 0
3887592044_d6af807dd0.jpg

Reactions: Crashumbc
Upvote 0
...And watching the main page (phandroid.com) seems every other phone out there is getting some sort of update. But not a peep for us. Verizon, what are you doing? Trying to make sure your bloatware is firmly entrenched in the update? Just let it go and release the update already!

The gargoyles will be recruiting the dingo's soon for an all out offensive...

Upvote 0
people were saying that mondays were the days that ig red did there updates so i guess we are waiting on mondays

Oh okay. Well, that does appear to be correct since they just released another update for the Inc2 today. So, I guess Monday's are the day updates are released. It just seems we have to wait a little bit longer for our update. I was really hoping to have it in July, but since this is the last Monday of July, I guess we will have to wait until August.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones