4. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Well, I was thinking more like a generic January - no specific year
  5. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

Humm maybe 2020
  6. zxbeen

zxbeen New Member

I wouldn't mind waking up christmas morning to my brand new Gingerbread OTA.
  7. blkbeltkid17

Keep dreaming man
  8. tbcurtis

tbcurtis Active Member

I'm getting tired of waiting. I am thinking about going back to the dark side! :cool:
  9. BabyBlues

You know they lied about the cookies, right?
  10. tbcurtis

tbcurtis Active Member

Cookies? What Cookies? Everything has been ravaged by dingos and gargoyles!
  11. blkbeltkid17

I stole them and took then to the dark side
  12. tbcurtis

tbcurtis Active Member

That explains alot! I still haven't decided on which rom to go with.
  13. johnt519

johnt519 Well-Known Member

14. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

Most carriers tend to upgrade their newest phones first, as these phones are still "cutting edge" and more importantly, still available for retail sale. These are the phones that the carrier is advertising and selling against the other carriers.

So, you're better off comparing the Incredible's 2.3 update with similar updates for carrier-branded phones of the same generation. So, how does this look?

AT&T: They didn't have a single Android phone out when the Incredible launched, and only had ONE Android "high-end" phone launched in 2010, the Xperia X10. These guys just got Android 2.1 (yes, two point one!) less than 2 months ago!

Sprint:
    Their killer phones for 2010 were the Evo 4G (the Incredible's big brother) and Epic 4G. Epic just recently got 2.2, and the Evo has received 2.3.

T-Mobile: Other than the Nexus, I don't know of any 2010 releases getting 2.3 yet, but then, I don't pay much attention to TMO. Fill me in here.

Verizon: The big releases in 2010 were the Incredible, Droid 2, and Droid X. The Droid X got the update and it's been a fiasco. The Droid 2's updated was announced as delayed after that fiasco. The Incredible hasn't gotten it yet.

So, of all of the 2010 "super phones" not named Nexus "Something," only the Evo and Droid X have recieved Gingerbread. Not surprisingly, these were the top 2 selling Android phones for the year in the US (Incredible was 3rd). We'll get ours soon, and my guess all along was in the August/September time frame (so long as you ignore my original guesses of March/April/May/June/July).
    Ender11 and NightAngel79 like this.
  15. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Very well said Medion. You did forget about the Captivate though (it was released in 2010 right?). It just had froyo made available to it couple months ago I think. No OTA for them though
  16. BabyBlues

Some of us haven't rooted yet. Lol.
  17. blkbeltkid17

then just plug in your phone and run unrevoked and then its all done Gingerbread for everyone
  18. BabyBlues

Yes, I know. At this point its finding the time to do it and then play
  19. blkbeltkid17

lol you can do it in 3 mins and then play later
  20. mmolitor87

mmolitor87 Well-Known Member

I rooted my phone for the second time now (the first time was when waiting for froyo) and flashed [ROM]-[MIKROMS]- Incredible 2 v 2.1.0 [7-27-2011] GB Sense 2.1 - xda-developers

It's a pure 2.1 rom ported from the Incredible 2 gingerbread. It seems really fast and stable so far, just no backup assistant (as with many roms) so make sure you export your contacts to SD card first.

There's another ported from the EVO called Pure Speed...but it has a bug with the lockscreen where you can't see who's calling or answer calls until you unlock the phone. That was a deal-breaker for me.
  21. blkbeltkid17

humm there are ALLOT of gingerbread roms out there man
  22. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Well-Known Member

Rooted...thanks for the entertainment, andeeps! OUT
  23. mmolitor87

mmolitor87 Well-Known Member

I know, but I've read that 3.0 can lag our phone a bit. Most of the roms are a 2.1/3.0 mix. I went with pure 2.1 because I want as close to the update as we're likely to get. :D
  24. blkbeltkid17

humm i have ran ALL of them and the 3.0 just lags the inc on the first boot but after that some of them are really stable just a few things that arnt 100% yet
  25. TrooperThorn

TrooperThorn Well-Known Member

I'm using Kingdom Rewind RLS3 right now (which can be found easily enough over at XDA) and it's pretty nice. It only lags once in a while, most of the time it's silky smooth. A friend of mine is using Nils Business Gingersense 3.0 which looks really nice as well.

You can definitely find Sense 3.0 roms suitable for daily use. The only thing wrong with mine is 720p video recording and the occasional MMS issue (requiring a 3G toggle on/off). Definitely pacified me after getting impatient waiting for the 2.3 update to the Incredible.