14. The day after the apocalypse

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  15. Sometime after the sun goes supernova

9 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. droidian1441

droidian1441 Well-Known Member

I just sent a letter to HTC to see what's up... What i said you could probably consider it an angry letter...

Pretty much I said that why is HTC and Verizon leaving the incredible in the dust and that the phone is perfectly capable of running 2.3... and to at least try to give us an estimation for the release date.
    Thats just the main topic anyway...

I'll post the results of the letter when they reply back.
  2. johnt519

johnt519 Well-Known Member

Ooh! Let me try:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We may be working on an update for the Incredible, or not. It may be out sometime this summer. Or Fall. Or maybe winter. Or actually not at all. Actually, it's not our fault, it's Verizon's - they're holding it up. Possibly. We'll get back to you. Or not"

Yeah, sounds about right :D
  3. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Given that the Evo has been updated already, I'm sure HTC has done their job. You should bug Verizon.
  4. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Go find the old froyo thread. I guarantee the reply will say they are updating incredible but.do not.have a date yet. They have a standard email.

Call them and you will get 1 of 6 replies none of which give you a date.
  5. euph_22

I'm sure the current form letter is in here somewhere.
  6. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

The update we're getting is still Sense 1.x, with minor tweaks. I'm 99% certain of this. To back this up, I'll cite the fact that the Evo 4G (sister phone) got Sense 1.x with GB, and our test leak in May was Sense 1.x with GB. So, unless we get a miracle, we're not getting Sense 2.x officially.
  7. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

??
    the evo got sense 2.x so we'll get 1.x? :confused:
  8. mmolitor87

mmolitor87 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wrote that before I tried your rom out. That really sucks. I love 2.1 after playing around with my mom's Incredible 2. :/
  9. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

There our more of a change between 3.0 and 2.1 then from 1.x to 2.1
  10. mmolitor87

mmolitor87 Well-Known Member

Haven't messed with 3.0 because of what I've heard about the lag issues. 2.1 has enough small tweaks for me. I think I'll just run a 2.1 rom until my upgrade in march and see what 3.0 dual core phones are out at the time. Maybe they'll have an Incredible 3 by then. lol
  11. wamsille

wamsille Well-Known Member

I remember on XDA you had posted something that was almost the exact opposite - that the May leak was just a test for HTC porting Gingerbread over to Sense and making it work for the Incredible. Not trying to call you out or anything but overall unless you work for HTC or Verizon, it's a given that any one person is speculating. (Hence the thread title)

There are several tweaks here and there with Sense 2.x that make it a nice upgrade. I think at this time it is plausible still that we'll get an update to Sense 2.x. That being said, I still prefer to root my devices and run the latest and greatest rather than wait for the carrier to crawl out of their hole and send out an OTA.

I actually like using Liberation on my wife's Incredible. She likes Sense, and the ROM removes the carrier bloat which in the end makes for a happy wife. I go back and forth with MIUI, CM7 and OMGB. If I could get a theme for MIUI that didn't have issues with white on white or black on black text it would be my daily runner. The ROM is a beast and aside from Liberation my Wifi works perfectly.
  12. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

I apologize for that, was a typo on my part. The Evo got Sense 1.x.

At the time that the test version for the Incredible was leaked, we didn't have the OTA or even a leak for the Evo. I (and many others) were being optimistic that we'd get 2.x. And then...the Evo OTA landed with Sense 1.x.

I wouldn't take it as being called out. We all make mistakes. I was optimistic. In light of current events (Incredible leak, Evo OTA, etc.), it's a solid guess that the Incredible OTA will be Sense 1.x. I do hope that I'm wrong, of course.
  13. droidian1441

Well not many people wish to be wrong, but in this case. I hope so too.
  14. droidian1441

Well even with my partial angry letter, HTC still won't cooperate:

"Dear xxxxxxxx,

xxx, I certainly understand how frustrating it can be when you are trying to find out about update availabilities. Unfortunately we don
  15. blkbeltkid17

well first off it is NOT HTC's job to know when the update is comming out that all up to the carrier because they have to do put all there bloat on the OS and then it is the carrier that then sounds out the update man
  16. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

There it is. The typical HTC.form.letter. almost.exactly same as the froyo one.

Call them. You won't get anything from.them but randomly you will be told either no update coming. Update on way. Verizon holding it.up. or a fee otherd
  17. blkbeltkid17

blah its all a bunch of bs
  18. Hello this is Evan from Verizon Wireless NRB,

I have gotten confirmation yesterday of the original Droid Incredible update and it will launch on 8/8. This is a reliable confirmation and the same source that confirmed the Incredible 2 update which was correct and weeks prior to anyone knowing on the internet.
    parkschr and Colchicine like this.
  19. JMKosmo

JMKosmo Well-Known Member

God, I hope you're right.......

20. blkbeltkid17

OH god here we go again
    Crashumbc likes this.
  21. euph_22

But that source DIDN'T confirm the Incredible 2 update. According to you it was the update for the Incredible. You never claimed it was the Incredible 2 until it was confirmed by other sources. So basically you're an unverified source, that has made repeated, uncorroborated claims, passing information from some other unverified source, fabricating a story about predicting something you didn't to claim legitimacy.

You could be exactly who you claim to be, but we have no evidence of that and you're pushing the Incredible 2 claim works against you. I don't suppose you want to share the build date for the incredible, or any other evidence to support ANYTHING you have ever said on here?
  22. droidian1441

Well an estimated date or confirmed date is better than NONE...
    Though he made a mistake, he did have the right date for the INC2 upgrade which makes him a liable source.. all he did was just a misunderstanding of the phone his manager was talking about... I'll take August 8th...
    Colchicine likes this.
  23. euph_22

I know a lot of people are rooted...are you planning on trying out the official update when it comes available (either by unrooting, or waiting for a rom), or are you planning on sticking with your rom?
  24. droidian1441

Are you talking to me? haha
  25. euph_22

Not specifically, I'm just finding something to talk about OTHER than a certain member's recent post (as there has been a history of this thread getting off the rails after/because of him).
    But if you are rooted, are you planning on trying out the official update?

I for one am planning on trying it out (I'm curious about the new Sense).
    NightAngel79 likes this.