• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread 2.3 was here, then gone, now it's back

When will VZW push a fixed GB OTA

• 10/11/11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10/17/11

• 10/24/11

• 10/31/11

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 11/07/11

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 11/14/111

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • 11/21/11

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Don't care (rooted already, etc)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Before Christmas

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • Never, the lobsters ate all the testers so it got cancelled

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • It isn't coming at all now

Votes: 13 12.1%
  • Any minute now

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Immediately after Jimmy Hoffa's body is found

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • The day after the apocalypse

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sometime after the sun goes supernova

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't wait for the devs to start porting it...I don't see an HTC Sense version until at least Feb when the Incredible HD comes out.

I lay a dollar to a donut that the Incredible HD comes out on the year anniversary of the original Incredible. We will see it April 28th(ish) next year. They have a loyal client base built for it already (us) and MANY of us are the primary line so we can use our discounted yearly pricing after a year. Why build an entirely new customer base when you can build on what you already have? Just my $.02.

Remember: The Incredible was first spotted a year ago in November PRIOR to the release of the Nexus One. Speculation ran rampant that it would be released in January, then February, then at the CTIA Convention in Las Vegas (didn't happen) then FINALLY at the end of April it was released. No reason to think otherwise here.

Upvote 0
I lay a dollar to a donut that the Incredible HD comes out on the year anniversary of the original Incredible. We will see it April 28th(ish) next year. They have a loyal client base built for it already (us) and MANY of us are the primary line so we can use our discounted yearly pricing after a year. Why build an entirely new customer base when you can build on what you already have? Just my $.02.

Remember: The Incredible was first spotted a year ago in November PRIOR to the release of the Nexus One. Speculation ran rampant that it would be released in January, then February, then at the CTIA Convention in Las Vegas (didn't happen) then FINALLY at the end of April it was released. No reason to think otherwise here.

I kind of agree with you. And I would love the phone but here is what I'm worried about.

-Incredible is the perfect size, 4.3" phones seem enormous to me
-4G, I have an unlimited data plan and have heard that I will need to go to tiered in order to get 4G. Plus with a family plan coming up with my girlfriend I will need to pay for 3G & 4G data plans (not quite sure how this is going to work or whether they will just be umbrella'd as "data")
-Dual Core? Heard the HD doesn't have it - deeming it almost immediately obsolete w/in months of it coming out

If Verizon lumps 3G and 4G together and I keep my unlimited data plan, they bump it down to 4" screen and put in a dual core chip along with NFC...I'm sold.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• CAP201012061720.jpg
    CAP201012061720.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 248
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'd hope that we would eventually... the phone's not even a year old, and it's a flagship model.

If the iPhone 3g still got iOS 4.0 being like 2 years old, we better get 2.3.

That is a terrible analogy...Apple makes both the OS and the Hardware. And they intentionally make the OS backwards compatible with the last version of the hardware. And they only have 2 major devices to support, the current iPhone and the last iPhone (not counting the iPad and iPod Touch, which are basically the same components as the iPhone).

HTC doesn't write android and has several phones it's supporting.

That said, I'm very confident we'll get 2.3, not sure how long it will take, but we'll get it.

Upvote 0
Am I the only one that thinks losing external storage capabilities is going in the wrong direction? I don't like the idea that the manufacturers will be able to offer a crappy version with no memory (eg 2gb) and jack the price for anything decent 16gb+. I want to load videos onto the device and that's very hard to do when you are limited to what is built in.

This would allow manufacturers to build phones with larger internal storage, say 32GB, and give developers the option to have their apps save data there, that way customers won't need to buy larger SD Cards as bad. It is an added option, much like the app2sd.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones