Gingerbread and its "UI" improvements

Last Updated:

1. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is this why maybe HTC lets you turn off sense right now? Google says the main focus of gingerbread will be UI improvements to make it unnecessary for all the custom UIs like sense and blur. Maybe it means that you could disable sense once gingerbread is released and sideload it to your SD card to install so you dont need to wait for HTC (it'd be more like nexus1 and droid) to put sense on top of it.

Advertisement
  2. acp

acp Well-Known Member

I enjoy Sense, but deep down I wish everyone had Vanilla Android and if necessary just allow HTC, Motorola, etc. make custom skins that are downloadable from the Market and also if exclusiveness is essential, only allow people with the corresponding phone to use those skins, similar to the HTC Battery Widget.

3. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

if the UI improvements are signifigant i'd like to see HTC push out a stock android rom for poeple to run. If others want to wait on sense, thats cool, but if the stock UI is fine I don't want to wait 6-8 extra months just for Sense.

Im actually using LauncherPro at the moment, anyway.

4. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

I can live without sense too.... I'm running launcher pro

5. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

Does disabling Sense take me back to the Nexus One side-swipe Unlock screen? I'd prefer that but I didn't like LockBot, it is buggy and sometimes I would not get the locked screen like I expected. Very dangerous for pocket dialing. :(