• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gingerbread anyone? ILY Ali Ba!

adi19956

Android Expert
Feb 4, 2010
Hampshire, UK
EDIT 6:

I do NOT recommend build #6, my status bar has had to FC twice in a day. it's never done that before, ever

EDIT 5:

Build #5 is really good!

EDIT 4:

Now running nightly build #3 same link as before http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=legend

Fixes:
Not quite sure, but I think when in automatic brightness there's no flickering

Bugs:
there are always bugs :) can't find any biggens though, I think we might be near stable...

EDIT 3 (at the top because it's important):

CM7 updated http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=legend&type=nightly

Fixes:
Torch
Charging light
Notification LED
Mobile data problems
I think it fixes 3D problems... only played a bit of Light Racer 3D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL POST

XDA User ali ba has done it again!! see derHofbauer.at/android : Roms for CM7 (Android 2.3) for the Legend.
All thanks to ali ba original post [ROM] CyanogenMod experimental builds - xda-developers

haven't found any bugs yet, but then again, only been running it for about a minute
EDIT: I have; listed below.

Bug reports:

Torch app doesn't fit screen and you can't scroll down. stuck with strobing at 6Hz

Signal indicator started white, but is now green, same with WiFi

No LED light when charging or when charged

LED light stays on solidly for notifications

WHOA! didn't notice this before. My 3G isn't working!

BIG 3D problems, can't play 3D games :(

Noticing major speed improvements however!

EDIT 2:

You might be able to turn your data on (see post below this) didn't work for me however :(

Hey Adi (or anyone reading this thread and are thinking about CM7),
I was just fiddling around with my phone, and after much hassle trying to get CM6 all set up for my phone, with the intention of getting 3G Data back, I finally gave up. I ran a Nandroid restore back to CM7, and guess what! I figured out the 3G issue - the catch is you have to add it manually. Not as nice as the automatic connection most ROMs seem to enable (that's probably why I didn't even think of it before), but hey - it works, and if the other bugs aren't an issue for you, it makes CM7 all the more worth it!

Here's a quick rundown on how I did it:
I went to "Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Acess Point Names" and realized that there was an option to add a new APN (Menu > New APN). Then I googled my network's APN (I used this website, it has most of the Canadian networks), copied over the details, and after a reboot (important step - I didn't realize I had done it right until reboot), it worked!
I hope this helps someone - the lack of data on CM7 was sure a pain in the arse, and had me looking for other options.

Upvote 0
Oh, and just a couple of thoughts on what you posted about bugs / fixes:

Fixes:
Torch
Charging light
Notification LED
Mobile data problems
I think it fixes 3D problems... only played a bit of Light Racer 3D

Signal indicator started white, but is now green, same with WiFi

No LED light when charging or when charged

LED light stays on solidly for notifications

Firstly, I didn't notice any difference with the notification LED - its still solid for me (build #5).

Secondly, I noticed you mention the indicators starting white and changing to green - I don't believe that's a bug, but is actually stating whether or not it is able to receive. For example, when I am at home, my wifi indicator turns green right away, because it only needs to connect. However, when I am at work at Starbucks, I have to go into my browser and click "agree" and "connect" and blah blah blah. My indicator stays grey (white) until I do this - and then it turns green once connected. If you ask me, this is no bug - its telling you that its connected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones