• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread BootAni WITH SOUND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuIDzGrL

Aug 16, 2010
Please note I have noticed upon my testing of this that at the end of the animation there is a bit of lag and hang-time but do not be alarmed give it a few moments and if your phone appears to not be fully booting simply touch the screen and your home screen will appear- no worries
smile.gif
Sorry, for this bug but it is my first attempt with making an animation with working sound so I hope to get better as I go

Download all files at once... HERE

dancingDroid.gif
TO ENABLE BOOT SOUNDS ON D1, D2, DX (ROOT USERS ONLY!!!)
dancingDroid.gif

1. Download the above file.
2. Save the file and unzip to your sdcard.
The file is name is ggbreadwsound
3. Use root explorer and go to the folder /system/bin.
4. In that folder locate the file named bootanimation and save it as bootanimation2 (must change mode to r/w as r/o will error out as file system read only cannot edit)
5. Move the file that you just renamed to your sdcard somewhere safe to save it in order to restore it back later if you wish to remove the sound animation information
6. move the new file that you downloaded and placed on your sdcard to the folder /system/bin (the file that you need to move here is in the folder name bootanimation to put in system/bin)

dancingDroid.gif
BOOT ANIMATION Installation Instructions
dancingDroid.gif

Rooted Users:
Use Root Explorer to move the bootanimation.zip & SOUND FILE
1. Put on SD Card (from above should already be in extracted folder)
2. Rename ggbreadwsound.zip to bootanimation.zip (Can be done from computer/phone before being copied to SD Card instead.)
3. Copy and paste into /system/media (This will replace your original bootanimation so be sure to rename that file to bootanimation.zip.bak before copying the new one.) MAKE SURE you ALSO copy the sound file and paste it here too
4. Turn off your phone.
5. Turn on your phone.

No Root needed:
*must have Android SDK installed. and put the android-sdk folder on your c drive (c:/android-sdk)
*install the motorola usb drivers for your OS (Win 32bit) (Win 64bit)
renameggbreadwsound.zip to bootanimation.zip and create a folder on your c drive named bootanimation (c:/bootanimation)
Process:
- Open command prompt (cmd.exe)
- cd c:/android-sdk (or /wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is)
- adb devices (to verify the connection - will show your device serial number if connected)
- cd c:/bootanimation
- adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip
- adb reboot
Your phone will now reboot and play your new bootanimation!

The sound fileMUST BE PLACED IN THE /SYSTEM/MEDIA/ FOLDER ON YOUR PHONE!!! YOU WILL NOT GET SOUND IF IT IS NOT PLACED IN THAT SPECIFIC FOLDER.

Credits:
Desc information I used to create this
elektronikbadger for desc.txt to add sound
oldschool71-for file for system/bin
doomedromance (some of the instructions)
Liquidzgrl - bootanimation

If you like my work and want to make a donation I would appreciate
any generosity
heart.gif

Click here to DONATE

Reactions: johnlgalt
OMG - Umm, nice work at making sound, but you can bet you're lily white *** that I am quickly gonna replace that sound. Sorry, but that just ain't me, and that ain't gonna play on my phone until my last dying breath has escaped me.

However, now that I know what you need, I'll whip one or two up and see if anyone wants them....

I am thinking either the intro from 30 seconds to mars' Hurricane or else Kings and Queens, or else my current ringtone, the intro to New Order's Confusion (Pump Panel Mix) - basically, the music from the bloody rave scene with Traci Lords (and by far the best mix of that song I have ever heard).

I'll make the edits to the songs and post them to my Media Fire account...

Upvote 0
Please note I have noticed upon my testing of this that at the end of the animation there is a bit of lag and hang-time but do not be alarmed give it a few moments and if your phone appears to not be fully booting simply touch the screen and your home screen will appear- no worries
smile.gif
Sorry, for this bug but it is my first attempt with making an animation with working sound so I hope to get better as I go

Download all files at once... HERE

dancingDroid.gif
TO ENABLE BOOT SOUNDS ON D1, D2, DX (ROOT USERS ONLY!!!)
dancingDroid.gif

1. Download the above file.
2. Save the file and unzip to your sdcard.
The file is name is ggbreadwsound
3. Use root explorer and go to the folder /system/bin.
4. In that folder locate the file named bootanimation and save it as bootanimation2 (must change mode to r/w as r/o will error out as file system read only cannot edit)
5. Move the file that you just renamed to your sdcard somewhere safe to save it in order to restore it back later if you wish to remove the sound animation information
6. move the new file that you downloaded and placed on your sdcard to the folder /system/bin (the file that you need to move here is in the folder name bootanimation to put in system/bin)

dancingDroid.gif
BOOT ANIMATION Installation Instructions
dancingDroid.gif

Rooted Users:
Use Root Explorer to move the bootanimation.zip & SOUND FILE
1. Put on SD Card (from above should already be in extracted folder)
2. Rename ggbreadwsound.zip to bootanimation.zip (Can be done from computer/phone before being copied to SD Card instead.) <-- is this step actually necessary? in the folder you have ht files named bootanimation.zip and the music file (I won't reveal the name for those who ain't got it yet) but here you say to rename the file to bootanimation.zip, but that is the entire .ZIP file that I downloaded, not just the contents of the
Code:
\bootanimation put in system media\
folder...

3. Copy and paste into /system/media (This will replace your original bootanimation so be sure to rename that file to bootanimation.zip.bak before copying the new one.) MAKE SURE you ALSO copy the sound file and paste it here too
4. Turn off your phone.
5. Turn on your phone.

No Root needed:
*must have Android SDK installed. and put the android-sdk folder on your c drive (c:/android-sdk)
*install the motorola usb drivers for your OS (Win 32bit) (Win 64bit)
renameggbreadwsound.zip to bootanimation.zip and create a folder on your c drive named bootanimation (c:/bootanimation)
Process:
- Open command prompt (cmd.exe)
- cd c:/android-sdk (or /wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is)
- adb devices (to verify the connection - will show your device serial number if connected)
- cd c:/bootanimation
- adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip
- adb reboot
Your phone will now reboot and play your new bootanimation!

The sound fileMUST BE PLACED IN THE /SYSTEM/MEDIA/ FOLDER ON YOUR PHONE!!! YOU WILL NOT GET SOUND IF IT IS NOT PLACED IN THAT SPECIFIC FOLDER.

Credits:
Desc information I used to create this
elektronikbadger for desc.txt to add sound
oldschool71-for file for system/bin
doomedromance (some of the instructions)
Liquidzgrl - bootanimation

If you like my work and want to make a donation I would appreciate
any generosity
heart.gif

Click here to DONATE

See my note above...Isn't that step now redundant?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones