• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gingerbread Check In!

Just got gingerbread didn't really notice much difference its a little faster and they added a downloads app that you can search all your downloads past and present and its a little quicker but no new keyboard :( :( :( :( no new sense!? :( :( :( :( nothing much really changed to the bare eye :( :( :( maybe some internal stuff but other than that nothing like I was hoping for :( :( we can get netflix and gingerbread why can't we get an updated sense!?!? Clearly there not done with the evo just yet so WTF !?!?!? What gives!!!!

Upvote 0
I just wanna know why if were good enough to be first 4g phone ever ...netflix on one of only 5 phones at first ....2nd phone to receive gingerbread let alone our evos as much as I love the phone aren't the newest phone let's face it but we still got gingerbread so where the Hell is the new sense!? We qualify for all the other goodies so why not sense!? I don't understand !!!!

Upvote 0
I honestly notice a day and night difference in text messages being sent. On top of that, I noticed some subtle but welcomed differences:

When you hold down on screen to highlight in the text message screen, it gives you an option to copy word, copy message, etc... This makes it 10X's easier when trying to delete a word from the swype word bank or trying to replace a word!

Upvote 0
Well I just finished work and still no update lol.

Sorry, I want to preface my question by saying that it's really not intended to imply that you hadn't figured it out or don't know how to figure out (so I mean absolutely no offense), but...

You are going in through the settings and manually searching for the update right? Only asking because I'm sure there are others out there that might think that the update is supposed to come up as a notification, but that won't happen until the 6th.

Reactions: dvrcowboy
Upvote 0
Sorry, I want to preface my question by saying that it's really not intended to imply that you hadn't figured it out or don't know how to figure out (so I mean absolutely no offense), but...

You are going in through the settings and manually searching for the update right? Only asking because I'm sure there are others out there that might think that the update is supposed to come up as a notification, but that won't happen until the 6th.
No worries. Yeah I been trying to do it manually. But I keep getting "your phone is up to date" lol. I guess I'll just wait it out.

Upvote 0
Well I like the new battery icon and the new 3g icons and the browser is a lot faster and the battery life seems remarkable so far I'm really really impressed my battery hasn't budged since 2pm after update too gingerbread normally my battery would disappear little by little because of an app and I have the extended battery but still with Froyo my battery sucked so far gingerbread has done wonderful on fixing technical and internal issues and I'm loving it just wish we coulda got some kind of sense update or something to spice up our sexy evo's :( :( :( :( :(

Upvote 0
No worries. Yeah I been trying to do it manually. But I keep getting "your phone is up to date" lol. I guess I'll just wait it out.

Okay. Only other thing I could recommend is, sometimes when I've updated my PRI and my profile, that seemed to trigger updates. That's what happened with me on the last update that was rolled out. Everyone seemed to be getting it (except for me), but as soon as I updated the PRI...that's what triggered the update to come through for me.

Upvote 0
I got the update around 12pm, but tried to dload at work,tried using wifi at work, could not get a connection, shut phone off, turned back on, now when I go to update, it says phone is up to date, did I lose the update? I nintially had it dloading through 3g, but would have taken forever, so I hit cancel, does that mean I can not get update back?

Upvote 0
Okay. Only other thing I could recommend is, sometimes when I've updated my PRI and my profile, that seemed to trigger updates. That's what happened with me on the last update that was rolled out. Everyone seemed to be getting it (except for me), but as soon as I updated the PRI...that's what triggered the update to come through for me.

Is PRI profile?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones