1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Gingerbread Gets Pictured On X10,Unlocked Bootloader,New Kernel,16M Colors On The Way!!General

1. [​IMG]

Hey we are back with bang again!! Few friends of mine over my Facebook page have tipped us about the pictures & video of Xperia X10 sporting Gingerbread which came all over from the ThaiAndroidphone Blog. A huge thanks to them and my folks out there.Getting into business,according to the video it shows that it sports Gingerbread 2.3.3 and confirms that the update will bring 16 million color support along with a new kernel. And to our surprise the guys at Thai blog are also tipping us that the update will bring Unlocked Bootloader with it.We are damn excited for this & We don't know exactly whether the details are true but sure we are digging out them..Video below

YouTube - ‪Sony Xperia X10 Android 2.3 : Thailand Mobile Expo 2011 by ThaiAndroidPhone.com‬‏

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Deadlyimpact

Deadlyimpact Member

Can someone explain to me, why it is good, if the bootloader is unlocked?

Thanks
  3. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

lets hope it'll make it as fast as the play or arc are
  4. jhnelo

jhnelo Well-Known Member

So excited!
  5. eddietse91

eddietse91 Well-Known Member

SE also confirms no 16M colours, no unlocked bootloader and no multitouch for X10 Gingerbread update
    by X10 on JUNE 20, 2011
    Xperia X10 | Xperia X10 Blog | X10 mini pro | Xperia X8 | Forum, Tips, News
    in FIRMWARE,NEWS

Rikard Skogberg has just commented over on the SE Product Blog that some of the rumours surrounding the upcoming Gingerbread update are not true. He confirmed that the update will not bring 16 million colours like some had hoped, it will not enable an unlocked bootloader and there will be no improvement in the dual-touch capabilities of the handset. Whilst this news is likely to disappoint some, we’re still happy the Gingerbread update is coming at all.
  6. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

Just release the darn thing already.
  7. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

as long as it's not laggy I don't care